Support the Chief Executive in the delivery of a high quality HR service across TSG group. Develop and implement HR initiatives to add value, improve business performance and assist in the development of the TSG group culture. This is a 12 month interim role to cover maternity leave.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Chief Executive in the development and delivery of the HR Strategy.
- Develop and implement HR initiatives that add value and improve business performance.
- Manage the recruitment strategy, ensuring that we are recruiting in the most effective way, evaluating success and maintaining consistency across the group.
- Undertake HR projects as requested by the Chief Executive.
- Provide advice and support to line managers on matters of HR policy, procedures, best practice and employment legislation.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are relevant and in line with current legislation.
- Provide guidance and support to line managers in promoting and encouraging a high performance culture.
- Manage the HR caseload and assist in formal procedures, as required.
- Manage the use of the HR system and ensure that the team produces accurate management information for the business.
- Working with the Training & Development Manager, develop and deliver people management workshops across the business, as necessary.
- Assist the Chief Executive in managing the acquisition process from a people perspective.
- Manage the recruitment budget.
- Manage the relationship with the external payroll company.
- Complete monthly payroll sign off when required.
- Manage the annual P60 and P11D processes, in liaison with the external payroll company.
Mentoring and Leadership:
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to the HR Team.
- Develop the skills and performance of the HR Team.
- Provide and receive quality feedback to/from other team members to aid personal development.
- Carry out one-to-one sessions with all direct reports every month and ensure you meet at least monthly with your own manager.
- In association with the Chief Executive, manage the development of your own career path and personal development plan.
Collaboration and Relationships:
- With the Chief Executive and HR team to ensure the successful delivery of a value-adding HR service to the business.
- With the senior management team, to ensure you have a good understanding of the business and the varying people challenges.
- With managers across the business, to ensure the team provide an excellent HR service.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- Degree level – preferably in HR
- Chartered Member of CIPD
- Full driving license and access to a car is essential
Your skills & knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders
- Able to adapt to, embrace and lead change
- Has good working knowledge of employment legislation
- At least 3 years’ experience in an HR Manager or senior HR role
- Experience of delivering value-adding HR projects/initiatives
- Experience managing an operational HR team
- Experience managing payroll is highly desirable
- Experience of working in a multi-site organization is desirable
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve the HR function/service
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change