Reporting to the service delivery director you will be responsible for the management of TSG’s desk based support teams, consisting of call control, technical helpdesk and SystemCare. You will be responsible for ensuring the desk based support teams are managed effectively and provide a high standard of service to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage the desk based support teams, including the effective running of team meetings, conducting appraisals and addressing recruitment and training needs where appropriate.
- Report to service delivery director on any issues that could impact the business.
- Work with the service delivery director to provide an improved and priority service to customers, increase customer and staff satisfaction and provide continuous service improvements.
- Work with the service delivery director on the service desk support strategy and implementation of the strategy.
- To monitor call volumes and response times to ensure that service agreements are being met. If there is a shortfall, to look at how this can be resolved.
- Work to align the desk based support team with the ITIL framework; aiding the service delivery director design and implement ITIL processes; incident management, problem management, event management, access management, request fulfilment, knowledge management.
- Continuous process improvement;
- Assessment of call control, helpdesk and SystemCare processes and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Development of processes and procedures.
- Analysis of service desk performance / reports to maximise performance levels and output and maintain.
- To identify, prioritise, encourage, promote and schedule all training requirements both provided by the company and also through own CDP. Ensuring staff development, training and career progression.
- To ensure that optimum people and technical resources are scheduled to cover holidays, training and other periods of absence, in terms of quantity, quality and the appropriate skills to meet demand.
- To act as a key escalation point for team members, management, sales and customers and to manage the issue to its conclusion.
- To provide an escalation point for customer complaints and manage the issue via investigation, discussion and/or customer visits.
- To review customer economics and liaise with ADAM’s/senior management on recommendations to bring customers to an economic standing.
- To ensure that the support function operates within standard TSG systems and that TSG operating procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure that support work carried out outside of contractual obligations is captured and appropriately charged.
- To ensure service desk teams meet assigned KPIs and targets, provide support and guidance if required.
Mentoring and Leadership
- Lead the desk based support team to be the best it can be, delivering excellent service to our customers.
- Coach and mentor team members to identify their development needs.
- Actively increase levels of skills and knowledge of your teams and yourself.
- Provide and receive quality feedback to / from other managers to aid personal development.
Collaboration and Relationships
- Working with the technical team leaders to ensure sufficient quantity of quality post project documentation is received and reviewed to achieve the best possible customer experience.
- Working with the technical manager, assisting with resolution of incidents, problems and customer complaints.
- Working with our sales team, assisting with customer queries, customer issues, complaints and act as a point of escalation.
- Working with our customers, supporting key accounts, attending customer meetings, participating in calls, creation / approval of incident reports, point of escalation and resolution of customer issues.
- Working with other managers / team leaders in driving support success through the entire organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to Degree Level desirable
- ITIL Certified desirable
- Microsoft technical qualifications are desirable.
Your skills & knowledge
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to respond to clients under SLA.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Strong inter-personal skills and have the ability to communicate difficult and sensitive information.
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Robust people management and influencing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales.
- Ability to deal with escalated issues and demonstrate ownership of such issues through to resolution or further escalation.
- Commercial understanding of contract revenue streams and impact.
- Good logical/troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Complaint resolution.
- Ability to deal with and implement change.
- Considerable experience in a similar role and managing a support team.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a helpdesk environment.
- Customer and conflict management
- Highly motivated – sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Conscientious, well organised and customer focused.
- Committed to the highest standard of service.
- Display a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process.
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism.