To provide a high quality HR service to TSG.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and support across the business on matters of HR policy, procedures and best practice.
- Attend disciplinary and grievance meetings as required in order to ensure consistency and to provide professional advice and direction.
- Proactively advise and assist managers across the business with absence management.
- Proactively advise and assist managers across the business with performance management.
- Assist the HR manager in maintaining current and relevant HR policies and procedures, ensuring that they are updated in line with legislation.
- Provide support and advice in relation to restructures and redundancies.
- Deliver HR workshops as required across the business.
- Undertake HR projects as requested by the HR Manager or HR Director.
- Advise and assist in the provision of effective recruitment initiatives.
- Write job descriptions and job advertisements and co-ordinate the recruitment process along with the HR Administrator.
- Assist managers in the recruitment and selection process, as required.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed for authorisation and processes are followed relating to recruitment, selection and appointment.
Collaboration and Relationships:
- With the HR team and Regional Admin managers, to ensure the successful delivery of a value-adding HR service to the business.
- With the senior management team, to ensure you have a good understanding of the business, and the varying people challenges.
- With the Regional Managing Directors and other managers across the business, to ensure you provide an excellent service.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- Preferably degree level
- CIPD qualified or willing to work towards.
Your skills & knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders
- Able to adapt to, embrace and lead change
- Good working knowledge of employment legislation.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in a multi-site organisation would be an advantage.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve the HR function/service
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change
Friday, March 7, 2014 - 17:00