Reporting to the Marketing Director the Marketing Analyst will be responsible for analysing internal and external databases to provide insight on key sectors, markets and businesses within the UK SME environment where TSG can focus its new business efforts to maximum impact and return.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysis of our existing customer base to provide business profiles that can be clustered by industry, size, employee numbers, growth trends, technology investment and product stack.
- Identify clusters / verticals where TSG have built, or could build, credible reference ability through R&D, presence and performance.
- Conduct market research to provide intelligence on sectors that have a higher propensity to invest in technology as an enabler for efficiency and productivity. All channels should be explored for data on prospects including social networks (LinkedIn etc) This desk research should produce sound information that will add value to our data completeness project in CRM.
- TSG currently subscribe to Mint databases for segmentation of our customer base and new business prospect databases. Use this data to support the creation of campaigns aimed at identified target markets.
- Understanding the competitive landscape is important and utilizing internal and external intelligence will be critical in considering future verticals & acquisition targets.
Collaboration and Relationships
- With the Marketing Director and Marketing team to ensure the successful delivery of new business.
- With senior management across the business, especially sales, to interpret results and develop plans for progressing.
- Degree level with strong academic performance in a quantitative field (finance, mathematics, business, science/engineering, or marketing/advertising with quantitative focus).
Your skills & knowledge
- Technically skilled in CRM and other database systems - with proven experience of working with data and the deployment of CRM and multi-channel customer contact strategies.
- Understanding of design and development of databases that are robust and easy to work with.
- Awareness of the impact of social media platforms as tools to identify prospects
- Highly motivated, self-directed and hardworking professional.
- Breadth of product knowledge and in-depth understanding of how data insight drives marketing strategy.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in planning and managing various research projects and have designed and built programmes to identify targets.
- 5 years in a market analyst role or similar
- A background in the technology sector is a key requirement.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities where TSG can build on return.
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company and will go the extra mile when required.
- Demonstrates motivation and a hardworking attitude.
- Reacts positively to new challenges and change.