To lead, coach & develop a national New Business Development team to aggressively engage and pursue new business opportunity within the middle & upper segments of the SME market. To inspire & engage a team of Business Development Managers (BDM’s) to secure new Customer wins for TSG. To work in concert with other TSG functions to identify appropriate market segments (& prospect targets) on which to focus New Business Development activity to maximize return on effort and ROI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead & Develop a National Business Development Team to engage & win new customers for TSG.
- Lead & coach Business Development Managers to build effective business solutions in collaboration with the TSG BDD’s & Specialist sales teams.
- Deliver new business growth through working closely with your Sales Team & ensuring strong relationships are built with local ‘influencers’.
- Deliver on target achievement of Budget & Performance metrics throughout the year.
- Achieve & deliver against pre-agreed yearly Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) & Targets.
- Ensure pipeline is built with sufficient volume and value to achieve targets.
- Deliver consistently high levels of customer satisfaction & ensure customer issues & escalations are managed effectively & efficiently to ensure continued customer satisfaction.
- Build strong working relationships with all national functional heads to ensure a “joined up” approach.
- Coach performance and execute the ethos of continued improvement by leveraging NSRP.
- Demonstrate technical and business leadership competencies across the TSG portfolio.
- Demonstrate sound working knowledge of TSG Sales Vision & Strategy and Suite of Products & Services.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasting throughout the month and quarter.
- Possess a high degree of self-awareness and appetite for personal development and improvement.
- Endorse strict adherence to TSG’s sales process, governance and instructions for sales.
- Actively coach and develop team’s technical, commercial and sales skills knowledge.
- Build and maintain an active recruitment pipeline in conjunction with Recruitment team.
- Representing TSG at a strategic level within new Customer opportunities.
- Contribute to product & business future direction and strategy.
- Aid & support other TSG departments to achieve their goals (i.e. Finance & Cash Collection).
- Ensure Marketing activities including call out days, customer events & corporate hospitality opportunities are actively supported.
- Degree level or equivalent experience.
Your Skills & Knowledge
- Successfully managed medium to large regional or national New Business Development teams.
- Robust knowledge of a wide portfolio of IT & Telecoms centered technologies.
- Economic, Industry and Market knowledge.
- Experience of Vertical and Sector based business models.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Able to adapt, embrace and lead change.
- Strong PowerPoint & Presentation Skills.
- Strong Business and Commercial awareness.
- Needs based sales methodology; solution or consultative selling.
- Proactive and highly organized with strong time management & planning skills
- Demonstrate a proven ability to multi-task.
- Have min. 10 year experience of leading New Business Development with the IT or Telecoms Sector.
- Have min. 10 year experience in team leadership with ability to evidence competencies & skills gained.
- Able to evidence consistent over-achievement & performance in New Business Development.
- Possess behavioral competencies conducive to leveraging a solution sales approach.
- Demonstrable Solutions based or Consultative sales methodology accomplishment and/or accreditation.
- Experience of P&L management.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve sales and performance.
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required.
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and practical self-development in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Possess a high work ethic in accordance with role demands, expectation and responsibility.
- Credible, articulate, confident and tenacious, with the gravitas and credibility to build relationships with executives at all business levels.
- Naturally consultative in approach evidenced by the ability to ask the right questions of the right person at the right time.