To support BDD and enable the achievement of Tech & Telecom budget through effective technical leadership of specialist sales teams. Support four key elements of the BDD role; technical sales enablement, campaign marketing, market visibility & product direction and supplier management
Tech Director for Telecom Silo
Support National Technical Director in Midlands and South regions for Technical Silo
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead aspects of technical awareness and communication to senior and specialist teams
- Lead technical validation for all non-standard Telecom solutions
- Provide technical solution authentication and complex solution validation input to RFS (Tech & Telecom)
- Actively engage and lead larger complex customer opportunities and projects (Tech)
- Be the customer advocate for complex bids; supporting scoping, solution articulation and presentation and offer technical guidance and leadership
- Take lead technical role for selected key/major clients offering input to technical strategy and roadmap
- Support senior and specialist community input to customer proposals and ITT/bids
- Support key opportunity qualification and pipeline progression/velocity
- Have clear understanding of pipeline content, material opportunities and technical objections and opportunities to progress
- Ensure clear understanding of internal sales and technical process in order to advise amendment and improvement
- Support the identification, data segmentation and production of marketing campaign content in line with FY campaign plans to drive awareness and opportunity
- Lead senior and specialist technical training and sales accreditation, ensuring all specialists maintain agreed level of product knowledge and competency
- Lead the assessment of team skills and measure to define the quarterly technical training program
- Work with BDD to manage Tech and Telecom supply chain, taking key role in regular operational reviews
- Assess on-going suitability of product stack for market and client demands, offering feedback and guidance to BDD and Nat Tech Dir, inputting to Product Flash and COO collaboration sessions
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviors
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Min 3-years Business Development experience.
- Min 3-years consecutive over-achievement against individual targets.
Your skills & knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Able to adapt to, embrace and lead change.
- Strong PowerPoint & Presentation Skills.
- Commercial awareness and a broad understanding of business issues.
- Needs based sales methodology; solution or consultative selling.
- Proactive and highly organized with strong time management and planning skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Possess appropriate technical skills and experience
- Have considerable experience in technical client facing role – sales and in-life solution design and articulation
- Demonstrate experience and skills gained from successful career within technical sales environment
- Demonstrate repeat behavioral competencies conducive to leadership and development coaching
- Awareness and appreciation of the solution sales process
- Possess a client centric consultative approach to solution design
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve sales.
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required.
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change
- Demonstrates self-awareness and practical self-development in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Possess a high work ethic in accordance with role demands, expectation and responsibility.
- Credible, articulate, confident and tenacious, with the gravitas and credibility to build relationships with executives at all business levels
- Naturally consultative in approach evidenced by the ability to ask the right questions of the right person at the right time.
- Good time and workload management skills
- Highly motivated – sets and achieves challenging goals
- Conscientious, well organised and customer focused
- Display a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process
- Committed to the highest standards of service