The project manager will be responsible for leading and delivering multiple projects of various size, complexity and risk. He/She will be responsible for the planning and effective delivery of said projects using existing TSG Product management methodology thus ensuring that internal & external customer communication is maintained at all times. Effectively monitor and manage all delivery aspects of project implementation to ensure that the projects are completed to the required standard of excellence and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
This is mainly a chargeable position and the successful candidate will be expected to identify and maximise the revenue from variation orders throughout the projects, ensuring value for money for both customers & TSG.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all relevant pre project TSG Processes have been complied with before acceptance of a deliverable project.
- Liaise with schedulers to ensure the consultant(s) assigned to deliver the project has/have the appropriate skills and experience.
- Organise and conduct pre project meetings where appropriate.
- Produce detailed project plans with clear responsibilities on both sides and clearly defined requirements of work that is both in and out of scope.
- Work with the scheduling team to plan to deliver the project within specified time frames.
- Manage the day to day elements of the project to ensure deadlines are met and consultant utilisation is maximized by minimising non chargeable days. (FOC’s, overruns etc.)
- Documentation of key changes to a project using standard TSG documents such as: - Change Requests - Project Exceptions - Risk registers
- Identify, monitor and maximise the revenue from variation orders throughout the projects
- Maintain regular communication involving all stakeholders within the project which will include: - Weekly project Calls - Monthly project meetings - Ad hoc communication and updates as and when necessary
- Coordinate handover to support following completion of the project.
- Ensure correct overall project sign off from customer and support.
- Responsibility for overall financial return of the project which includes ensuring that customer payment plans are kept up to date.
- Liaise/maintain communication lines with the account manager and/or silo owner where appropriate. (E.g. upselling/project progress)
- Some line management responsibilities which may include day to day management and regular appraisals of individual consultants.
- Highlight any issues that need escalating to the appropriate services director.
- Must be sufficiently mobile to travel within the UK.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Robust project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Focus on solving conflict, not blaming. Speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- An effective people manager who leads from the front.
- Decision making – display a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process.
- Strong IT product knowledge, including infrastructure and networking technologies
- Adaptability – able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Service focused.
- Highly motivated – Sets and achieves challenging goals; measures self against standard of excellence.
- Team player.
- Ability to produce and evaluate reports and statistics.
- Quality management – ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Formal project management qualifications desirable but not essential – formal training will be provided to supplement proven project management skills & on the job experience.
- Must have a clean or near clean driving licence.