This is a customer facing role to cover all aspects of: requirements gathering, solution design, installation and implementation of MS SharePoint and associated technologies from single Server Foundation Farms to highly available Enterprise Servers. Working on projects individually or as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To attend business analysis meetings with customers to scope, requirements gather and design solutions.
- To carry out the installation and configuration of Microsoft SharePoint products on hosted or customers’ servers and workstation computers
- To upgrade, install and implement MS SharePoint across versions and editions
- To prepare and present classroom and onsite training to new and existing customers for Microsoft SharePoint & additional approved Stack products
- To carry out customisation of Microsoft SharePoint where appropriate to meet customers’ requirements using platform features, SharePoint Designer and middle tier technologies
- Scope and document requirements for our Product Management team to deliver
- To manage and conduct projects in accordance with TSG’s methodology
- UK Wide travel and overnight stays will be required to fulfil the customers’ needs and the role.
- To carry out other implementation, training and support duties as required.
- Microsoft Certification for SharePoint 2010 or 2013 Solution Associate or Engineer an advantage.
Your skills & knowledge
- At least 3 years’ experience installing and configuring SharePoint Server and Foundation
- Knowledge and experience in a wide cross set of the platform feature set.
- Understanding of SharePoint’s boundaries and how these affect solution design.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and integrating into SharePoint
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience in similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player but able to work on their own
- Ability to effectively train customers taking into account their existing skill levels
- Excellent customer facing skills, ability to think on your feet and apply technology to business functions in a consultative manner
- Self-starter and ability to use own initiative
- Driving Licence
- Prepared to travel