The Project Officer will be responsible for leading and delivering multiple projects of ‘medium’, complexity and risk. He/she will be responsible for the planning and effective delivery of said projects using existing TSG Product management methodology ‘Guru’ thus ensuring that internal & external customer communication is maintained at all times. Effectively monitor and manage all delivery aspects of project implementation to ensure that the projects are completed to the required standard of excellence and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
This is primarily a chargeable position and the successful candidate will be expected to identify and maximise revenue from various orders throughout projects, ensuring value for money for both customers & TSG.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all relevant ‘pre-project’ TSG Processes have been completed before acceptance of a deliverable project.
- Liaise with schedulers to ensure the consultant(s) assigned to deliver the project have the appropriate skills and experience.
- Organise and conduct pre project meetings where appropriate.
- Adhere to and promote TSG’s Guru Methodology such as:
- Ensure a full an accurate scope is signed by customer before commencing a project
- Produce detailed project plans with clear responsibilities on both sides and clearly defined requirements of work that is both in and out of scope.
- Review and manage change control
- Produce Highlight reports
- Ensure that all ‘closed’ projects have a relevant ‘signed’ project sign-off document
- Work with the scheduling team and plan the project delivery within specified timeframes.
- Manage the day to day elements of the project to ensure deadlines are met and consultant chargeable utilisation is maximised by minimising non chargeable days. (FOC’s, overruns etc.)
- Documentation of key changes to a project using standard TSG documents such as:
- Change Requests
- Project Exceptions
- Risk registers
- Identify, monitor and maximise the revenue from variation orders throughout the projects
- Always aim to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Accurately record project info in CRM (Notes, Next action dates, Estimated Completion dates etc).
- Charge for additional work that is a change to scope including additional PM time
- Allocate time in CRM in advance to plan ahead work load and forecast correctly
- Ensure your own diary represents your time accurately (100% accounted for)
- Accurate recording of time in CRM for chargeable and non-chargeable activities
- Use ‘Guru’ project sites for all relevant projects and maintain accurate and up to date documentation
- Maintain regular communication involving all stakeholders within the project which will include:
- Weekly project Calls
- Monthly project meetings
- Ad hoc communication and updates as and when necessary
- Coordinate handover to support following completion of the project:
- Responsibility for overall financial return of the project which includes ensuring that customer payment plans are kept up to date.
- Liaise/maintain communication lines with the account manager and/or silo owner where appropriate. (E.g. upselling/project progress)
- Highlight any issues that need escalating to the appropriate services director.
- This role is primarily desk based however the appropriate candidate will be sufficiently mobile to travel anywhere within the UK. A current, active driving license is essential
Collaboration and Relationships:
- With the Project Office Manager, Project Managers, Scheduling Team and other Project Officers to ensure the successful delivery of Projects to the Customer.
- With all internal relevant departments within the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Project management qualifications would be a distinct advantage but not essential
- IT Qualifications would be an advantage but not essential
- A valid Full UK driving licence is essential
Your skills & knowledge
- Good understanding and interest in project management
- Strong interpersonal skills – Focus on problem solving, conflict resolution, not blaming. Speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- An effective people manager who leads from the front
- Decision making – display a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process.
- Strong IT product knowledge, including applications, infrastructure and networking technologies
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the majority of the TSG product stack.
- Adaptability – able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Service focused.
- Highly motivated – Sets and achieves challenging goals; measures self against standard of excellence.
- Team player.
- Ability to produce and evaluate reports and statistics.
- Quality management – ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Formal project management qualifications desirable but not essential – formal training will be provided to supplement proven project management skills & on the job experience
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve the Project Management Office
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change.
- Proven project experience is essential
- Proven service delivery background would be an advantage
- Proven Tech and/or Apps experience would be an advantage
- Proven scheduling/resource management experience would be an advantage
- Proven consultancy or other client facing role experience would be an advantage