The QA Manager leads and continuously improves the QA team and its processes.
The QA team provides information about the quality of the products and projects that TSG deliver to its customers. They ensure that the end-product for the customer is of a high quality. They raise any issues or threats to quality that may impact the customers directly. All members of the team are able to explain and demonstrate evidence of testing activities if requested at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To define and improve the QA processes at TSG, including developing tool assisted testing where appropriate.
- To lead the bug triage process and ensure that the critical issues that will impact customers are dealt with efficiently.
- To leverage technical skills to identify potential issues with development work before it reaches the customers.
- To liaise with appropriate teams to quickly investigate faults that have made it through to production environments.
- To configure test platforms for testing, and maintaining these in line with production environments.
- To design and maintain comprehensive documentation for all testing activities and maintaining a test team knowledgebase.
- To plan and estimate QA team tasks.
- To research latest tools, techniques, resources and methodologies.
- To mentor and directly line manage other QA team members to identify their development needs.
- To ensure appropriate skill gaps and training needs within the team are addressed promptly.
- To actively increase levels of skills and knowledge of your team and yourself.
- To establish who the stakeholders are for specific projects and to champion their needs.
- To escalate concerns over quality appropriately to ensure that the customer is not impacted.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- Degree level or equivalent in Computer Science (or another numerate discipline)
- Demonstrable attendance of relevant software testing courses or certification
Your skills & knowledge
- Strong knowledge of client and server side web technologies and potential integration issues.
- Knowledge and experience of integration, functional and non-functional testing.
- Experience of testing web application domains.
- Expert with tools that automate or assist the QA process
- Excellent spoken and written communication and people skills.
- Able to prioritise workload, work independently and take responsibility for completing tasks.
- Able to refocus work in response to changing priorities.
- Able to solve complex problems and suggest solutions under tight timescales.
- Methodical with attention to detail and the ability to maintain a consistent approach.
- Experience of working on multiple simultaneous projects with differing technologies.
- Able to work closely with product managers, developers and testers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and/or SharePoint desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server desirable
- Significant experience in the testing of complex software in a professional development organisation, making use of automation.
- Significant relevant experience in an agile development lifecycle process.
- Demonstrable experience of a broad range of successful software developments.
- Proven ability of working with Test Driven Development, Automated testing and Continuous Integration.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and performing exploratory testing.
- Demonstrate ownership of personal, team and departmental work.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactively seek opportunities to improve the R&D function.
- Demonstrate commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required.
- Demonstrate creativity and react positively to new challenges and change.
- Demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving and be unafraid to challenge convention.
- Demonstrate a logical mind, with a clear desire for automation and simplification.