As a Qlikview Developer you will initially be working in an internal role to design, develop and maintain the existing data model and Qlikview environment to support the organisations’ reporting needs. Ultimately you will also be developing Qlikview applications for external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform detailed analysis of source systems data and optimise/improve the existing data model.
- Develop MIS documentation to allow for smooth operations and easy system maintenance.
- Report any data integrity issues in the current reporting environment and identify appropriate solutions (e.g. Exception reports).
- Help optimise the organisation’s existing data model.
- Help maintain the current suite of Qlikview reports.
- Generate both periodic and ad hoc Qlikview reports if required.
- To use initiative and make suggestions that may contribute positively to the overall effectiveness of TSGs MIS.
- To proactively manage personal development.
- Preserve data security and confidentiality along with providing secure user access to the Qlik environment.
- Institute monitoring process on a regular basis to assess effectiveness and usage.
- Develop full end to end Qlikview applications for TSG’s customer base. This will include installation, scripting, loading and presentation.
Collaboration and Relationships:
- You will be initially reporting to the BI Manager with exposure to all internal departments within the business and eventually TSG’s Managed Customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Certifications in the following areas would be an advantage although not essential:
- Qlikview Developer
- Qlikview Server 11
- Preferably qualified to degree level
- A full UK Driving Licence as travel to customer sites will be a requirement.
Your skills & knowledge
- Solid T-SQL knowledge is desired
- Strong Qlikview 11 Scripting and Data Modelling Skills are essential.
- Strong Qlikview Server knowledge (including its installation) is essential.
- Knowledge of Qliksense would be an advantage although not essential.
- 2+ Years’ experience creating Qlikview solutions including server installation, scripting, loading, presentation and performance tuning.
- Experience of gathering data from multiple data sources.
- Experience of delivering ad-hoc reports would be advantageous
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve internal reporting within the organization.
- Fast learner with strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Will recognize the importance of accurate data and timely reporting within the organization.
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change.