Reporting to the Technical Support Team Leader you will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing hardware and software remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop High Quality Solutions:
Reporting to the team leader the role will include remotely diagnosing and repairing faults in customers systems using remote access software and verbal instructions. A highly motivated and conscientious individual your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Ensure customers calls are responded to in a timely manner
- Ensure customers are kept updated with the status of their fault
- Diagnose and repair faults using TSG’s remote access tools and verbal instructions
- Update TSG’s CRM system with detailed notes and resolutions
- Meet team targets for responding and closing calls
- Maintain a high quality service to our customers
- Keeping up to date with the latest hardware and software technologies.
- Promoting continuous improvement and best practice within the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- There are no required qualification, however preference will be given to candidates with Microsoft or other vendor certification
Your skills & knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
- Attention to detail is paramount, along with the ability to manage personal workload and work to your own initiative.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills with a confident pro-active approach to work.
- Ability to work in a highly functional team.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Able to refocus work in response to changing priorities.
- Able to solve difficult problems and suggest solutions under tight timescales
- Knowledge of HP Server & Workstation Maintenance experience
- Methodical with attention to detail and the ability to maintain a consistent approach
- Extensive experience of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Microsoft Server operating systems
- Microsoft Exchange
- TCP/IP Networking and Wide Area Netowrking
- COMMS configuration & diagnostics
- Virtualisation technologies
- Draytek and Sonicwall routers
- Cisco routers
- Enterprise Anti-Virus software, eg Sophos
- Server disaster recovery
- A minimum of 3 years server and 5 years desktop experience is desirable.
- Good communication skills are essential along with time and workload management skills. You should be able to prioritise your work based on the customers’ needs and have excellent organizational skills to manage multiple cases at the same time.