000312 - Senior Business Development Manager
To seek out new business opportunities and deliver new customer wins within the middle and upper segments of the SME market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Seek out new business opportunities within defined guidelines and timescales.
- Deliver consistently against all targets.
- Build, manage & maintain a substantial pipeline of qualified opportunities to underpin target achievement.
- Ensure that all pipeline activity is accurately recorded and updated within CRM.
- Thoroughly research & understand individual market sectors to identify potential customer targets.
- Accurately forecast sales by month & quarter.
- Demonstrate TSG’s product & services suite clearly & differentiate TSG’s offering within the market.
- Successfully position TSG’s solutions within the context appropriate to the specific client or sector, utilising Value Based arguments and Consultative Sales engagement.
- Negotiate pricing & contractual terms as required& in line with company guidelines.
- Track progress against targets on an ongoing basis & take necessary action to refocus efforts if targets are not being met.
- Ensure all customers receive a professional handover from Business Development to Account Management at the appropriate time.
- Continually development your knowledge & skills to ensure they remain current & relevant.
- Promote a professional image at all times.
- Ensure completion of all required Sales documentation & adherence to all Sales processes.
- Demonstrate effective and collaborative use of all available resources.
- Understands the value of developing leads and contacts thru cold calling when necessary.
- Practical and action orientated sales performance & planning including but not limited to GAP recovery and 306090-day planning
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviors
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Min 3-years Business Development experience.
- Min 3-years consecutive over-achievement against individual targets.
Your skills & knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Able to adapt to, embrace and lead change.
- Strong PowerPoint & Presentation Skills.
- Commercial awareness and a broad understanding of business issues.
- Needs based sales methodology; solution or consultative selling.
- Proactive and highly organized with strong time management and planning skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Demonstrable track- record closing complex solution sales.
- Background within the ICT sector.
- Background within and understanding of SME market segment.
- Experience selling at a senior management and business owner level.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve sales.
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required.
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change
- Demonstrates self-awareness and practical self-development in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Possess a high work ethic in accordance with role demands, expectation and responsibility.
- Credible, articulate, confident and tenacious, with the gravitas and credibility to build relationships with executives at all business levels
- Naturally consultative in approach evidenced by the ability to ask the right questions of the right person at the right time.
Closing Date:Friday, September 11, 2015 - 17:30