000415 Senior SharePoint Specialist
Provide a best in class pre sales resource to customers and prospects via TSG’s Business Development Managers (BDM’s) and Account Directors (AD’s). Help BDM’s and AD’s drive incremental business growth through sale of TSG approved SharePoint and Office 365 products and services, by applying a high level of SharePoint (and associated add-ons) Product knowledge, compiling highly professional proposal documentation, and develop expertise in key industry sectors. Operate across the sales teams, clients, prospects and suppliers to ensure TSG provides the highest possible Pre-sales experience. Drive TSG’s strategy of developing new and deeper relationships with mid-market organisations. Work within a team of Senior SharePoint Specialists to provide a consistent service to clients and colleagues alike, UK wide. Work on Opportunities with a GP value of £5000 and above, and Self-serve RFS (solution and time validation) for the majority of opportunities with a targeted RFS self-serve minimum of around 75%. Work with marketing team and Applications Partner Manager to help create and run effective marketing campaigns to increase pipeline.
Contribute to wider Business Development function as follows:
80% time spent assisting BDM’s and AD’s drive opportunities through the sales cycle
10% time contributing to active supplier engagement and management
5% time providing market and product direction guidance and insight
5% time contributing to identification, segmentation and key messaging for marketing campaign program
Collaboration with Sales Leadership, Service and support colleagues, Business Development Managers, Account Directors and Senior Specialist teams as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achievement of team target as defined throughout the year
- Provide good geographical coverage for TSG clients and prospects across the UK via suitable permanent location, teamwork and regular travel.
- Active participation within key prospects and clients to support BDM’s and AD’s
- Participate in the enablement of wider Product Management team through information dissemination and shared learning
- Work closely with RFS team leader to improve & increase self-serve options & qualify and validate solutions
- Gain a clear understanding of product knowledge, professional development needs and ensure continued personal development.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of TSG SharePoint and Office 365 product portfolio
- Possess working knowledge of the wider Application, Technical and Telecom portfolio in support of integration and convergence developments
- Possess a sound knowledge of the competitive landscape in Application, Technical and Telecom portfolio
- Demonstrate and develop knowledge and understanding of key industry sectors
- Engage TSG clients and prospects in a consultative manner to identify and advise suitable product solutions and propositions
- Ability to evaluate business processes and make recommendations to improve
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of TSG Guru methodology
- Demonstrate sound time management and work ethic
- Proactive pipeline generation
- Production of high quality customer communication and proposal documentation as individual and team
- Effective and accurate use of TSG CRM system as an integral component of the sales and business process
- Professional skills including a solutions based/consultative approach to understanding clients’ needs, pain discovery etc.
- Presentation skills – written and verbal articulation
- Effective planning and time management
- Possess a high degree of self-awareness and appetite for personal development and improvement
- Actively seek coaching, input and guidance from management and colleagues
- Contribute to product silo future direction and strategy through understanding and awareness of key market and product developments
- Effective collaboration with TSG Marketing and supplier marketing to support the campaign process
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviors
- Min 5-years Pre-sales / Business Development experience.
- Min 5-years SharePoint Product experience in a PreSales / Technical / Sales role
Your skills & knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong analytic and logic skills
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Able to adapt to, embrace and lead change.
- Understanding of needs based sales methodology; solution or consultative selling.
- Proactive and highly organized with strong time management and planning skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Have minimum 5 years’ experience in customer facing SharePoint position
- Have minimum 1 years’ experience in Office 365 in any role
- Experience with Nintex or equivalent workflow platform desired but not essential
- Demonstrate experience and skills gained from successful career within a SharePoint environment
- Able to evidence consistent over-achievement and performance throughout career
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve pipeline and assist sales
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required.
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change
- Demonstrates self-awareness and practical self-development in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to travel frequently to customer and TSG sites across the UK.
- Possess a high work ethic in accordance with role demands, expectation and responsibility.
- Naturally consultative in approach evidenced by the ability to ask the right questions of the right person at the right time.