Sage for Schools Business Development Manager
To seek out new business opportunities and deliver new customer wins within the School Academy market and extend TSG’s prestige and product footprint in this segment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Seek out new business opportunities within defined guidelines and timescales.
- Deliver consistently against all targets.
- Build, manage & maintain a substantial pipeline of qualified opportunities to underpin target achievement.
- Ensure that all pipeline activity is accurately recorded and updated within CRM.
- Thoroughly research & understand individual market sectors to identify potential customer targets.
- Accurately forecast sales by month & quarter.
- Demonstrate TSG’s product & services suite clearly & differentiate TSG’s offering within the market.
- Successfully position TSG’s solutions within the context appropriate to the specific client or sector, utilising Value Based arguments and Consultative Sales engagement.
- Negotiate pricing & contractual terms as required& in line with company guidelines.
- Track progress against targets on an ongoing basis & take necessary action to refocus efforts if targets are not being met.
- Ensure all customers receive a professional handover from Business Development to Account Management at the appropriate time.
- Continually development your knowledge & skills to ensure they remain current & relevant.
- Promote a professional image at all times.
- Ensure completion of all required Sales documentation & adherence to all Sales processes.
- Demonstrate effective and collaborative use of all available resources.
- Understands the value of developing leads and contacts thru cold calling when necessary.
- Practical and action orientated sales performance & planning including but not limited to GAP recovery and 306090-day planning
- Represent TSG at industry events by attendance and where necessary presentation
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviors
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Min 3-years Business Development experience.
- Min 3-years consecutive over-achievement against individual targets.
Your skills & knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Able to adapt to, embrace and lead change.
- Strong PowerPoint & Presentation Skills.
- Commercial awareness and a broad understanding of issues and trends within market segment.
- Needs based sales methodology; solution or consultative selling.
- Proactive and highly organized with strong time management and planning skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Ability to confidently demonstrate product, quote and close sale within field of expertise
- Demonstrable track- record closing solution sales without access to technical specialists.
- Expert within the Academies schools and accounting software industry.
- Background within and understanding of schools market segment.
- Experience selling at a senior management level
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve sales.
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required.
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change
- Demonstrates self-awareness and practical self-development in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Possess a high work ethic in accordance with role demands, expectation and responsibility.
- Credible, articulate, confident and tenacious, with the gravitas and credibility to build relationships with executives at all business levels
- Naturally consultative in approach evidenced by the ability to ask the right questions of the right person at the right time.
Closing Date:Friday, February 7, 2014 - 17:30