Business Development Manager
There are only a few times that a career defining opportunity comes along and in the crowded MSP market they are less frequent but with TSG that is exactly what we are offering.
Having built an incredibly strong core business over the past 10 years, both through organic growth and acquisition, we are now continuing to define the market by launching a new focused team for London. This is a geography we have worked in for many years, and with many referenceable success stories, but with a national strategy and a wide business focused portfolio we haven’t leveraged our position to date.
That has now changed.
With the appointment of a new MD responsible for the area and a board directive to drive growth in the region you will form the foundations of the future team leading the charge.
We are looking for premier people with an established track record across the traditional technology areas but also an understanding of how Business Applications are defining the customer engagement more and more.
A vertical aligned background is welcomed as is an experience of setting up or running your own business as it is critical that you understand the dynamics of business from the customers perspective.
If you want to be a part of something that is changing the market and help lay the foundations for growth then please read on.
To seek out new business relationships and deliver new customer wins within the middle and upper segments of the SME market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Seek out new business relationships within defined guidelines and timescales.
- Deliver consistently against all targets.
- Build, manage & maintain a substantial pipeline of qualified opportunities to underpin target achievement.
- Ensure that all pipeline activity is accurately recorded and updated within CRM.
- Thoroughly research & understand individual market sectors to identify potential customer targets.
- Accurately forecast sales by month & quarter.
- Demonstrate TSG’s product & services suite clearly & differentiate TSG’s offering within the market.
- Successfully position TSG’s solutions within the context appropriate to the specific client or sector, utilising Value Based arguments and Consultative Sales engagement.
- Negotiate pricing & contractual terms as required& in line with company guidelines.
- Track progress against targets on an ongoing basis & take necessary action to refocus efforts if targets are not being met.
- Ensure all customers receive a professional handover from Business Development to Account Management at the appropriate time.
- Continually development your knowledge & skills to ensure they remain current & relevant.
- Promote a professional image at all times.
- Ensure completion of all required Sales documentation & adherence to all Sales processes.
- Demonstrate effective and collaborative use of all available resources.
- Understands the value of developing leads and contacts thru cold calling when necessary.
- Practical and action orientated sales performance & planning including but not limited to GAP recovery and 306090-day planning
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviors
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Min 3-years Business Development experience.
- Min 3-years consecutive over-achievement against individual targets.
Your skills & knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Able to adapt to, embrace and lead change.
- Strong Presentation Skills.
- Commercial awareness and a broad understanding of business issues.
- Needs based sales methodology; solution or consultative selling.
- Proactive and highly organized with strong time management and planning skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Demonstrable track- record closing complex solution sales.
- Background within the ICT sector.
- Background within and understanding of SME market segment.
- Experience selling at a senior management and business owner level.
- Run or setup your own business.
- Understanding of Business Applications a must.
- A desire to solve the problems of your customers in an informative and value add manner
- Thirst for knowledge around your craft and our solution stack
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve sales.
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required.
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change
- Demonstrates self-awareness and practical self-development in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Possess a high work ethic in accordance with role demands, expectation and responsibility.
- Credible, articulate, confident and tenacious, with the gravitas and credibility to build relationships with executives at all business levels
- Naturally consultative in approach evidenced by the ability to ask the right questions of the right person at the right time.