Internal SharePoint Developer
As an experienced software engineer your role will be to design, develop, support and maintain innovative and high quality IT solutions that enable TSG to meet its strategic business goals. This role will have a particular focus on implementing solutions for SharePoint so experience in this area is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
Developing High Quality Solutions
- To work with the Applications Development Manager to manage and implement complex upgrade projects relating to SharePoint, Dynamics CRM and supporting systems
- To ensure that best practice is followed in the areas of system maintenance, availability and disaster recovery
- To assist the internal support teams with escalated support issues as and when required
- To follow best practices with regards to development, testing and production role out.
- To deliver any development required within the timescales agreed with the key business stakeholders
- To deploy changes in a managed way, so that there is minimal interruption to the rest of the business
- To house all developed source code centrally so that it is available to the rest of TSG if required
- To assist with ongoing support of Internal Systems as and when required
- To manage project delivery so that all projects are delivered to time and cost
- To contribute to the enhancement of departmental systems and practices
- To document all significant changes to the TSG systems so that they can be maintained and supported in the most efficient way
Collaboration and Relationships
- To work closely with the Applications Development Manager to deliver outstanding technical solutions on time and on budget to the business
- To work with all members of the TSG team to identify, prioritise and deliver on opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
- To maintain relationships with other development specialists around the business for the purposes of knowledge sharing and mutual support.
Monitoring of Infrastructure:
- To work closely with the Applications Development Manager to ensure that the infrastructure on which the TSG SharePoint system is run is appropriate to its needs
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree level or equivalent in a computing discipline would be desirable
- Relevant Microsoft competencies qualifications would also be an advantage
Your skills & knowledge
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of the SharePoint platform with a particular focus on system customisation and bespoke development.
- Direct experience of business critical SharePoint and/or Dynamics CRM installations would be highly advantageous
- Proactivity in identifying opportunities to deliver value for our customers and colleagues
- Outstanding attention to detail with ab ability to get work right first time
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with all levels of the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At least three years experience working in a development environment
- Development experience using the following technologies – SharePoint, ASP.net, C#, SQL Server, SSRS
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactively seek ways to continually improve the Internal Systems and processes in place across TSG
- Demonstrate commitment to the role, and be prepared to go the extra mile
- Be willing to visit other regional offices where necessary to attend meetings and manage other development resource around the business used for internal development periodically