A Test Analyst is a test professional whose role is to ensure the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet our customers’ needs. This is achieved by working closely with all other teams within R&D, whilst developing experience working with more senior members of the QA team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop A High Quality Testing Environment:
- Extending and continuously improving the QA processes applied within R&D.
- Working with and maintaining industry-leading, automated testing environments, capable of functional, regression, performance and security testing against daily builds.
- Hands-on Integration testing of diverse system components.
- Using technical skills to identify potential issues.
- Logging and categorising defects. Liaising with development and users to investigate faults and implement fixes.
- Configuring test platforms for testing, and maintaining these in line with production environments.
- Maintaining comprehensive documentation for all testing activities and maintaining a test team knowledgebase.
- Researching latest tools, techniques, resources and methodologies and constantly contributing to best practice processes.
- Actively driving continuous improvement in the team and the company's products and processes.
Mentoring and Leadership:
- Act as a customer champion in relation to our products.
- Escalate issues with projects and staff should the need arise.
- Ensure appropriate recording and reporting of key project information and ensure that ongoing progress and issues are managed openly.
- Actively increase levels of skills and knowledge of your team and yourself.
- Provide and receive quality feedback to/from other team members to aid personal development.
- Contribute to the research and adoption of relevant new technologies and techniques, by actively remaining up-to-date with current trends.
- In association with the Head of QA, manage the development of your own career path and personal development plan, formally meeting with your manager at least monthly.
Collaboration and Relationships:
- With the Head of QA and other QA team members to co-ordinate tasks, provide assistance and ensure quality and timely delivery.
- With Product Managers to agree priorities, provide estimates, report progress and identify risks/impediments and mitigations and to ensure the delivered products meet the business need.
- With Senior Developers, Developers and Architects to maintain and share knowledge and to drive a test-driven, quality-focused culture.
- With Product Managers, Customers and other TSG teams to understand issues affecting our customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Either a proven aptitude for software testing, or a degree in computer science (or another numerate discipline).
Your skills & knowledge
- Good knowledge of client and server side web technologies and potential integration issues.
- Knowledge and experience of applying web application security principles.
- Knowledge and experience of integration, functional and non-functional testing.
- Experience of testing web application domains.
- Familiarity with industry standard and open source tools.
- Good spoken and written communication and people skills.
- Able to refocus work in response to changing priorities.
- Able to solve problems and suggest solutions under tight timescales.
- Methodical with attention to detail and the ability to maintain a consistent approach.
- Able to work closely with developers and testers in a tightly integrated R&D function.
- Experience in the testing of software in a professional development organisation.
- Relevant experience in an agile development lifecycle process.
- Demonstrable experience of at least one successful software developments.
- Demonstrate ownership of personal and team work.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactively seek opportunities to improve team processes.
- Demonstrate commitment to the role, team and company.
- Demonstrate creativity and react positively to new challenges and change.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving.