To provide information about the quality of the products and projects that we deliver to our customers. To ensure that end-result for our customer is of a high quality. To raise any issues or threats to quality that may impact our customers directly and indirectly (i.e. through issues with being able to support customers after they go-live). To be able to explain and demonstrate evidence of testing activities if requested at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To analyse project-specific specifications or product feature stories and identify areas that require testing.
- To produce test strategies that identify the mission of testing, the general tasks to achieve and any potential issues in delivery.
- To organise testing into sessions of work and to write exploratory testing notes that can be reviewed
- To raise bugs, observations, risks or concerns with the appropriate stakeholder.
- To write clear and concise test reports that explain the testing performed, the bugs that were found and any recommendations for further development / testing.
- To work on multiple test activities simultaneously and manage time effectively to deliver quality for all activities.
- To proactively contribute to ongoing process improvement for making testing more effective
- To take ownership of career and proactively learn new skills through self-learning.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Computer Science (or another numerate discipline)
- Or At least 2 years of relevant experience in software testing
- Demonstrable attendance of relevant software testing courses or certification
Your skills & knowledge
- Proven ability to plan, execute and report on testing activity.
- Ability to produce compelling bug reports that can be understood by a variable audience.
- Ability to explain observations and describe why they might affect the quality for our customers.
- Good people skills with the ability to adapt to work with different personalities and seniority.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and/or SharePoint desirable.
- Or proven ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Able to refocus work in response to changing priorities.
- Able to solve problems and suggest solutions under tight timescales.
- Methodical, with attention to detail and the ability to maintain a consistent approach.
- Excellent note taking skills and ability to explain actions and reasoning.
- At least 2 years’ experience in functional software testing.
- Experience working within different Software Development Lifecycles, particularly agile methodologies.
- Experience of Bug tracking tools and defect management process.
- Experience of Exploratory Testing is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of testing for at least one successful software development project.
- Demonstrate ownership of personal and team work.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactively seek opportunities to improve team processes.
- Demonstrate commitment to the role, team and company.
- Demonstrate creativity and react positively to new challenges and change.
- Demonstrate ability to organise and keep adequate notes.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving.