T0016 Project Manager (Tribe) - Midlands/London
The project manager will be responsible for leading and delivering multiple projects of various size, complexity and risk for the TSG Tribe product. He/she will be responsible for the planning and effective delivery of said projects using existing TSG project management methodology ‘Guru’ thus ensuring that internal & external customer communication is maintained at all times. Effectively monitor and manage all delivery aspects of project implementation to ensure that the projects are completed to the required standard of excellence and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
This is mainly a chargeable position and the successful candidate will be expected to identify and maximise the revenue from variation orders throughout the projects, ensuring value for money for both customers & TSG.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all relevant pre project TSG Processes have been complied with before acceptance of a deliverable project.
- Liaise with project schedulers to ensure the consultant(s) assigned to deliver the project has/have the appropriate skills and experience.
- Gain an understanding of the Tribe product and be able to discuss product features and future development with customers.
- Organise and conduct pre project meetings where appropriate.
- Adher to and promote TSG's Guru Methodology such as
- Ensure a full an accurate scope is signed by customer before commencing a project
- Produce detailed project plans with clear responsibilities on both sides and clearly defined requirements of work that is both in and out of scope.
- Review and manage change control
- Produce Highlight reports
- Ensure that all ‘closed’ projects have a relevant ‘signed’ project sign-off document
Work with the scheduling team to plan to deliver the project within specified timeframes.
- Manage the day to day elements of the project to ensure deadlines are met and consultant utilisation is maximized by minimising non chargeable days. (FOC’s, overruns etc.)
Documentation of key changes to a project using standard TSG documents such as:
- Identify, monitor and maximise the revenue from variation orders throughout the projects
- Always aim to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Accurately record project info in CRM (Notes, Next action dates, Estimated Completion dates etc).
- Highlight, document and process Change Requests for additional out of scope items, including additional PM time
- Allocate time in CRM in advance to plan ahead work load and forecast correctly
- Accurate recording of time in CRM for chargeable and non-chargeable activities
- Use ‘Guru’ project sites for all relevant projects and maintain accurate and up to date documentation
- Maintain regular communication involving all stakeholders within the project which will include:
- Weekly project Calls
- Monthly project meetings
- Ad hoc communication and updates as and when necessary
- Coordinate handover to support following completion of the project
- Responsibility for overall financial return of the project which includes ensuring that customer payment plans are kept up to date.
- Liaise/maintain communication lines with the account manager and/or silo owner where appropriate. (E.g. upselling/project progress)
- Some line management responsibilities which may include day to day management and regular appraisals of individual consultants.
- Highlight any issues that need escalating to the appropriate services director.
- Must be sufficiently mobile to travel within the UK.
Collaboration and Relationships:
- With the Tribe Product Manager and Tribe Team to understand and identify software priorities input into the future development of the product
- With the Project Portfolio Manager, Project Managers and Project Co-Ordination Team to ensure the successful delivery of Projects to the Customer.
- With all internal relevant departments within the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Project management qualifications would be an advantage but not essential
- IT Qualifications would be an advantage but not essential
Your skills & knowledge
- Robust project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – Focus on solving conflict, not blaming. Speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- An effective people manager who leads from the front
- Decision making – display a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process.
- Strong IT product knowledge, including infrastructure and networking technologies
- Adaptability – able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Service focused.
- Highly motivated – Sets and achieves challenging goals; measures self against standard of excellence.
- Team player.
- Ability to produce and evaluate reports and statistics.
- Quality management – ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Formal project management qualifications desirable but not essential – formal training will be provided to supplement proven project management skills & on the job experience
- Must have a clean or near clean driving licence
- Proven project management experience essential
- Proven Tech and/or Apps experience essential
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve the Project Management Office
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change.