Training and Development Officer
The role is responsible for the development, delivery & administration of internal technical training across all teams within TSG.
Support the management team in TSG with the development of people and teams through effective planning and delivery of training solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a technical training needs analysis (TNA) for people and teams across TSG
- Act as first point of contact for managers and team leaders, advising on all aspects of technical development
- Support development of teams across the business, providing advice, guidance and coaching
- Working with stakeholders, develop an annual plan to address identified development needs across a arrange of appropriate solutions
- Develop and maintain a range of courses and supporting materials, using Microsoft official content (MOC), tailored to the needs of TSG people and teams
- Create and maintain a schedule of courses for delivery across the calendar year
- Ensure training is delivered to maintain minimum numbers of Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCPs) in line with gold competency requirements
- Deliver training solutions based on identified/anticipated needs
- Deliver training across the TSG estate, primarily at the Loughborough and Hamilton locations
- Develop and maintain records of technical training for all teams within TSG
- Ensure all courses are recorded on Simply Personnel (internal people management system)
Communication & Proficiency
- Review, Evaluate and Report on technical training & development across TSG
- Maintain communication across regions and teams, sharing best practice
- With the HR team to ensure the successful delivery of a value-adding HR service to the business.
- Maintain competency on core Microsoft products through a mix of internal and external development activities
- Maintain your MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer) status
- Maintain positive relationships with teams across TSG
- Participate in project work as and when required
- Maintain occupational competency levels
- Contribute to people development budgetary planning
- This is a group wide role and will require periods of time working away from home for up to five days at a time
Collaboration and Relationships:
- With the senior management team and board, to ensure you have a good understanding of the business, the varying people challenges, and the subsequent development needs.
- With the Regional Managing Directors and other managers across the business, to ensure the team provide an excellent service and that we address all development needs.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- Good standard of education
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) in relevant product area to the latest version or one previous
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) would be desirable
Your skills & knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders
- Able to adapt to and embrace change
- Presentation delivery
- Experience in a technical role, with knowledge of hardware and software products
- Experience of working in a customer facing role would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a multi-site organisation would be an advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role would be desirable
- Experience of delivering technical training desirable
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve the HR function/service
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve the training and development offering.
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change