T00111 Telecoms Project Co-ordinator
As a Telecoms Project Co-ordinator, your role is to work within the Central Provisioning Team to manage telephony projects, and provision connectivity services using various suppliers.
You will maintain customer and supplier relationship throughout each project or provision, ensuring customers are kept up to date at all times, and that projects and provisions are delivered to the customers requirements from the initial order.
The Telecoms Project Co-ordinator is the main point of contact for internal and external customers regarding telephony projects and connectivity provisions, working with other departments within the business to ensure customer satisfaction with every order. Once services are live and ready for billing it will be your responsibility to pass on correct information to billing department for accurate invoicing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage telephony projects using TSG’s CRM system
- To provision connectivity for customers via Gamma Simplicity and any other specified provider.
- Work with 3rd parties to implement the correct telephony and connectivity works.
- Placing orders for all TSG customer connectivity solutions, including ADSL, Fibre, EFM and IPVPN and Gamma Horizon solutions.
- Setting timeframes for telecoms delivery with customers, and adjusting these according to timeframe changes from the providers.
- Coordinating all communication from 3rd parties back to the customers
- Make sure that customer requirements are met by 3rd party suppliers
- Manage appointments and set customer expectations
- Respond to customer queries regarding telephony projects and provisions
- Respond and resolve customer queries within the appropriate SLA
- Escalating orders and queries internally or with suppliers where necessary
- To provide and manage non geo and local geo numbers on the supplier portal, and assisting customers to manage their own portal page.
- Contribute to the enhancement of departmental systems and practices.
- Pre-sales assistance for telephony and connectivity solutions
Mentoring and Leadership:
- Mentor less experienced team members to identify their development needs.
- Escalate issues with projects and orders should the need arise.
- Actively increase levels of skills and knowledge of your team and yourself.
- Provide and receive quality feedback to/from other team members to aid personal development.
- Ensure you meet at least monthly with your own manager.
Collaboration and Relationships:
- With team members to ensure solutions are consistent with each other and overall business goals.
- With the Central Provisioning Manager agree priorities, provide estimates, report progress and identify risks.
- Work with the Central Provisioning Manager to ensure the delivered products meets the business need.
- Work with Consultants, Specialists, Customers and Support to understand the issues affecting our customers.
- Work with all internal parties involved on projects and orders, to share knowledge and experience, to provide best practice and correct solutions.
- With Customer Care to assist in the resolution of customer enquiries and resolution of customer issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Likely to be educated to at least GCSE level (4 at grade C and above)
Your skills & knowledge
- Good at applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
- Understand how telephony systems and communication solutions interact.
- Experience in provisioning connectivity solutions and working with other 3rd party lead installations.
- Ability to use other service provider’s portals to order their products and services such as CPS, ADSL and Fibre.
- Good at understanding the needs of the internal or external customers and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Able to refocus work in response to changing priorities.
- Methodical with attention to detail and the ability to maintain a consistent approach.
- Experience of working on multiple simultaneous projects/orders
- Knowledge of hosted solutions and ability to manage customer platform
- Experience in working with other providers to complete projects and orders on time.
- Experience in working with phone systems such as Mitel and Gamma Horizon.
- Experience of BT Openreach or Gamma products.
- Experience of connectivity products, such as EFM and Leased Lines
- Dealing with customers directly.
- Demonstrate ownership of projects, orders and queries into the team.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactively seek opportunities to improve self-development as well as team development
- Demonstrate commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving and be unafraid to challenge convention.
- Demonstrate approachability and inspire confidence and trust in both internal and external customers.