T00125 Business Development Manager - London
To seek out new business opportunities and deliver new customer wins within the middle and upper segments of the SME market.
This job description is not fully comprehensive of all duties and responsibilities, therefore, there may be an expectation from the business for an employee to perform additional duties or responsibilities not listed in the above. This also may mean the business can amend the job description from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Seek out new business opportunities within defined guidelines and timescales.
- Deliver consistently against all targets.
- Build, manage & maintain a substantial pipeline of qualified opportunities to underpin target achievement.
- Ensure that all pipeline activity is accurately recorded and updated within CRM.
- Thoroughly research & understand individual market sectors to identify potential customer targets.
- Accurately forecast sales by month & quarter.
- Demonstrate TSG’s product & services suite clearly & differentiate TSG’s offering within the market.
- Successfully position TSG’s solutions within the context appropriate to the specific client or sector, utilising Value Based arguments and Consultative Sales engagement.
- Negotiate pricing & contractual terms as required& in line with company guidelines.
- Track progress against targets on an ongoing basis & take necessary action to refocus efforts if targets are not being met.
- Ensure all customers receive a professional handover from Business Development to Account Management at the appropriate time.
- Continually development your knowledge & skills to ensure they remain current & relevant.
- Promote a professional image at all times.
- Ensure completion of all required Sales documentation & adherence to all Sales processes.
- Demonstrate effective and collaborative use of all available resources.
- Understands the value of developing leads and contacts through cold calling when necessary.
- Practical and action orientated sales performance & planning including but not limited to GAP recovery and 306090-day planning
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Min 3-years Business Development experience.
- Min 3-years consecutive over-achievement against individual targets.
Your skills & knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Able to adapt to, embrace and lead change.
- Strong PowerPoint & Presentation Skills.
- Commercial awareness and a broad understanding of business issues.
- Needs based sales methodology; solution or consultative selling.
- Proactive and highly organized with strong time management and planning skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Demonstrable track- record closing complex solution sales.
- Background within the ICT sector.
- Background within and understanding of SME market segment.
- Experience selling at a senior management and business owner level.