T00128 Service Desk Consultant (9 month fixed term contract) - Team Valley or Bellshill
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader you will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving incidents.
This job description is not fully comprehensive of all duties and responsibilities, therefore, there may be an expectation from the business for an employee to perform additional duties or responsibilities not listed in the job description. This also may mean the business can amend the job description from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Team Leader the role will include remotely diagnosing and resolving incidents using remote access software and verbal communication. A highly motivated and conscientious individual your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Ensure customers tickets are responded to within SLA.
- Ensure communication with the customer is regular with regards to their incident/change request.
- Diagnose and resolve incidents using TSGs remote access tools and verbal instructions.
- Update TSGs ticketing system and technical information repository with detailed notes.
- Liaise with partners and third parties to aid in the resolution of incidents.
- Maintain a high-quality service to our customers
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested by your line manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
There are no required qualifications, however preference will be given to candidates with Microsoft or other vendor accreditation.
Your skills & knowledge
- Knowledge of a server and networked environment.
- Desktop support experience.
- Knowledge of Backup technologies.
- Good telephone manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills with a confident pro-active approach to work.
- Ability to work in a highly functional team.
- Strong communication and knowledge sharing skills.
- Methodical with attention to detail and the ability to maintain a consistent approach.
- Virtualisation technologies
- A good understanding of Firewalls.
- Routing and Switching.
- Enterprise Anti-Virus software, e.g. Sophos
- Office 365.
A minimum of 3 years server and 5 years desktop experience is desirable.
- Effective communication skills are essential along with time and workload management skills. You should be able to prioritize your work based on the customers’ needs and have excellent organisational skills to manage multiple cases at the same time.
- Demonstrate ownership of personal, team and departmental work.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactively seek opportunities to improve job role.
- Demonstrate commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required.
- Demonstrate creativity and react positively to new challenges and change.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving and be unafraid to challenge convention.
- Demonstrate approachability and inspire confidence and trust in both internal and external customers.