T00135 Project Manager
The project manager will be responsible for leading and delivering multiple projects of various size, complexity and risk. They will be responsible for
- the planning and effective delivery of projects using existing TSG Product management methodology thus ensuring that internal & external customer communication and satisfaction is maintained at all times.
- Effectively monitor and manage all delivery aspects of project implementation to ensure that the projects are completed to the required standard of excellence and within the specified constraints and measures of success.
- to identify and maximise revenue opportunities throughout the projects, ensuring value for money for both customers & TSG and manage the commercial implications and actions.
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction
NB: This job description is not fully comprehensive of all duties and responsibilities, therefore, there may be an expectation from the business for an employee to perform additional duties or responsibilities not listed in the above. This also may mean the business can amend the job description from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with TSG project management framework, standard operating procedures and operational level agreements.
- To plan the effective delivery of projects using existing TSG Product management methodology
- ensuring effective internal & external customer communication and satisfaction is maintained at all times.
- Work with the wider TSG operations team to ensure successful delivery of the projects within specified timeframes and measures of success
- Liaise/maintain communication lines with the account manager and/or silo owner where appropriate.
- be sufficiently mobile to travel within the UK.
Collaboration and Relationships:
- With the Senior Management Team, Head of Projects, PMO and Project Co-Ordination Team to ensure the successful delivery of Projects to the Customer.
- With all internal relevant departments within the business.
- Successfully build and manage client relationships from the outset of the project to ensure successful delivery and customer satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Formally recognised project management qualification; Prince2, APM, MSc or similar
- IT Qualifications would be an advantage but not essential based on experience
Your skills & knowledge
- Demonstrable experience of working in project environment
- Appropriate interpersonal skills required to deliver and influence project success in a matrix environment
- conflict management
- Sound Decision making processes
- Strong IT product knowledge, including infrastructure and networking technologies
- Adaptable and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Service focused.
- Strong reporting writing and presentation skills
- Conversant with ISO standards applicable to TSG environment
- Demonstrable continuous improvement capabilities and / or experience
- clean or near clean driving licence
- Proven project management experience in complex environments
- Proven Tech and/or Apps experience is essential
- Self Control: Exercise personal control in order to manage the day to day stresses of the role and maintain personal well-being whilst taking responsibility
- Consultative Communication Ability to understand complex issues quickly, to be able to discuss and gather ideas. Gain buy in and support. Act as a role model to the team for openness and honesty in order to foster open communication.
- Relationship Building. Creating long lasting relationships that can withhold the trials that come with the role and can be supportive when influencing is key.
- Conflict Resolution. Management of differences to avoid escalation and to build a supportive culture within the team and with the sponsors and stakeholders.
- Negotiation Ability to reach agreement through understanding.