T00140 Technical Field Engineer
Reporting to a field team leader you will be responsible for diagnosing issues remotely and on customer premises, repairing hardware and re-installing software.
This job description is not fully comprehensive of all duties and responsibilities, therefore, there may be an expectation from the business for an employee to perform additional duties or responsibilities not listed in the above. This also may mean the business can amend the job description from time to time.
Duties & Responsibilities
• This role requires coverage of a large geographical area
• Ensure all hardware and software is repaired and functioning to the highest standards and in accordance with company procedures
• When not covering field engineering visits the successful candidate will be required to conduct minor installation work
• Ensure that you are up to date with the latest technical developments enabling the company to provide the sound advice to its customers
Collaboration & Relationships
• Work closely with field coordinator to ensure our customers are kept informed
• Work closely with your team leader and support team colleagues to ensure our customers receive the best possible level of service
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• A good standard of education and keen interest in all things IT
• Any industry standard certifications such as MCP, MCSA would be an advantage.
Your Skills & Knowledge
• The successful candidate should have relevant work related experience and have an excellent knowledge of hardware and technical software products.
Essential Skills / Knowledge
• Extensive printer maintenance & Fault Diagnosis Experience
• Extensive experience of Microsoft desktop operating systems
• Extensive HP Server & Workstation Maintenance Experience
• Microsoft Server & Workstation operating systems
• Microsoft Exchange
• TCP/IP Networking and Wide Area Networking
• Router & Firewall configuration & diagnostics
Desirable Skills / Knowledge
• Virtualisation technologies
• Cisco routers
• Symantec backup software
• Anti-Virus software such as Sophos
• Server disaster recovery experience