T00143 BI Developer
This is a customer facing role for a skilled Business Intelligence Developer at an exciting time in our growth. You’ll be an expert in delivering true insight into varied and sometimes complex datasets using a range of tools, primarily Qlik Sense and Power BI. You will be seasoned in analysing data to deliver business improvement and efficiency to a wide range of customers in different industries, with a focus on extracting core data, rationalising it and presenting it in rich visualisations which paint a clear picture of the data being sourced. The selected candidate must be able to work on projects individually or as part of a cross functional team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will provide prompt assistance and advice, working to service level agreements, to efficiently resolve customer BI enquiries.
- As you develop your skills, you will be tasked with both internal and external project work for both Qlik Sense and Power BI, building experience and skills with each project.
- Ultimately, with guidance and training you will be capable of delivering end to end projects from initial requirements gathering through to end user training.
- UK Wide travel and overnight stays will be required to fulfil the customers’ needs and the role.
- To carry out other implementation, training and support duties of Business Intelligence related products and technologies as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Microsoft of Qlik certifications are an advantage
Your skills & knowledge
- Sound knowledge of SQL Server querying and administration is required
- Strong data modelling skills – this includes both 3NF and dimensional modelling techniques.
- A solid understanding of database concepts, with a strong understanding of integrating complex data sets.
- Solid knowledge of Qlik View/Qlik Sense ETL process is an advantage.
- Previous exposure to querying data through REST API technology and oData structures is an advantage.
- Power BI knowledge an advantage.
- SQ: Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services skills are advantageous.
- A real focus on insight and rationalising data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of Qlik Sense / View load scripts, ETL methods, user interface design and server administration.
- Experience of understanding user requirements and using best practice DAR methodology to create compelling visualisation.
- Experience of extracting data from multiple data sources.
- Experience of Power BI is an advantage.
- Experience of gathering customer data requirements (dimensions, measures and KPI’s) is an advantage.
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change
- Team player but able to work on their own
- Strong attention to detail with a willingness to challenge existing data assumptions.
- A keenness to be constantly learning and keeping pace with the latest technologies and ETL methods.
- Fast learner with strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Self-starter and ability to use own initiative
- Prepared to travel