T00146 Operations Database Analyst
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for proactively managing the Microsoft SQL databases underlying TSG SaaS applications.
This job description is not fully comprehensive of all duties and responsibilities, therefore, there may be an expectation from the business for an employee to perform additional duties or responsibilities not listed in the bullet points below. This also may mean the business can amend the job description from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop High Quality Solutions:
Working as part of the Operations team you will be responsible for the monitoring and proactive maintenance of Microsoft SQL Databases used in TSGs SaaS applications.
You will be required to :
- Install and configure MS SQL to support Dynamics CRM, SharePoint or other applications.
- Work to develop monitoring strategies for SQL instances in the TSG support estate
- Proactively identify potential pain points and address before they become an issue.
- Support the Applications teams with product specific knowledge when required.
- Keep up to date with the latest software and technology
- Promote continuous improvement and best practice within the department
- Assist in delivering support to TSG’s larger customers at a high level
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as requested by your line manager
Collaboration and Relationships
You will be working as part of a UK wide virtual team supporting several SaaS solutions, and will be expected to liaise with colleagues and Team Leaders/Managers to ensure customer satisfaction is kept at a high standard.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration or similar.
Your skills & knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work unattended to required deadlines
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise tasks based on the needs of the customer
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with ADFS and PowerShell.
- Microsoft Server operating systems
- TCP/IP Networking and Wide Area Networking
- Cisco routers and firewalls
- Enterprise Anti-Virus software, e.g. Sophos
- Server disaster recovery
A minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting multiple MS SQL instances is required.
Effective communication skills are essential along with time and workload management skills. You should be able to prioritize your work based on the customers’ needs and have excellent organisational skills to manage multiple solutions at the same time.