T00154 Technical Consultant
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got previous experience working as a Technical Consultant?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. TSG have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For Awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family.
What have we done about the Covid-19 pandemic?
During the rapid escalation of the recent Covid-19 pandemic, ahead of Government guidelines we took the decision as a business to implement remote working for all staff, where possible. TSG has invested heavily in its infrastructure and cloud technologies to enhance resilience and enable staff to work from home securely & effectively. Over 40% of our workforce already do so. We hope this provides reassurance to our staff and anyone considering joining TSG at what we know is a time of uncertainty.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
Reporting to the Technical Team Leader, you will be expected to plan, execute and complete projects according to agreed deadlines and within budget. You will be expected to deliver an exceptional customer service at every touch point throughout the customer journey.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Pre-installation liaison with clients and sales staff to agree objectives.
- Prepare project plan and supporting technical documentation to acquire customer acceptance for project.
- Hardware and software installations based primarily around Microsoft / Hewlett Packard Enterprise technologies at customer sites.
- Ensuring at least 80% of your time is utilised on chargeable work.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies.
- Document all project work to a high standard.
- Assist sales teams with solution design where required.
- Assist support teams with post-installation issues where required.
Excellent knowledge and experience of the following IT technologies;
- HPE Server and SAN infrastructure.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 to 2016.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 to 2016.
- Virtualisation – Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware.
- Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Office 365.
- Microsoft desktop operating systems – Windows 10 etc.
- LAN technologies – switching, routing, VLANs etc. (hardware to include HPE, Cisco.)
- WAN technologies – routers, firewalls (hardware to include Sophos, Cisco, Draytek.)
- Cloud infrastructure – Private and IAAS also including hybrid deployments.
- Sophos Cloud and Antivirus.
- Backup Technologies – Datto, Veeam and Backup Exec.
- Ability to achieve and maintain desirable industry qualifications (VCP-DCV, MCSE, CCNA, CCP-V.)
- Excellent investigative and fault-finding abilities.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate difficult and sensitive information.
- Ability to manage a number of on-going projects at any given time and be able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually.
- Must have a valid driving licence (3 penalty points maximum).
- Considerable experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrate Quality, Ownership and Passion in your work.
- Have excellent time and workload management skills.
- Be highly motivated; set and achieve challenging goals.
- Be conscientious, well organised and customer focused.
- Display a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process.
- Understanding that collaboration and inclusion of colleagues is key to a team’s success – be a team player.
- Committed to the highest standards of service, delivering an excellent customer experience.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary - Negotiable depending on experience.
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave.
- Life assurance.
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%.
- Company sick pay.
- Income protection cover.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay.
- Flexible home-based opportunities.
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service.
- Flexible working day policy.
- Relaxed dress policy.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee recognition scheme.
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events.
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.