T00169 Apprentice Purchasing Co-ordinator - Head Office, Gosforth
To provide a comprehensive and effective service to the business with regards Sales Order fulfilment and Support Stock billing/Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales Order Assessment & Processing
- Ensure all orders received centrally are processed accurately and in a timely manner and that all orders meet the requirements as defined by relevant stakeholders (SLA’s) (P&LM, Service team, Support Team/Service Engineers, logistics and suppliers etc.)
- Ensure all defined process frameworks are adhered to ensure orders are fulfilled accurately and effectively, specifically around deliverables relating to project orders and product supply only orders
- Ensure that the wider business is provided with an excellent back office support service. Primarily through providing information and updates on orders as they are vetted and progressed
- Purchase Order Processing
- Generate and process Purchase Orders, both accurately and in a timely manner
- Review & expedite orders to ensure effective fulfilment
- Adhere to security and control protocols, in terms of supply chain transactions e.g. supplier portal and general ordering security
- Liaise with Suppliers or Vendors to address returns
- Support Stock maintenance, supply and billing
- Raise Sales Quotations and forward onto customer/Chase quotes sent to customer
- Update Parts Management Activities with ETA’s of parts ordered etc.
- Invoice customer for parts that have been ordered/installed.
- Purchasing QMS
- Work with Purchase Ledger to address invoice queries in a timely manner
- ISO-9000 Quality Processes
- Work with PTL to review, develop and enhance sales order, purchasing processes and Support Stock management
Collaboration and Relationships:
- With the Logistics Team, Support Engineers/Team, Purchase Ledger, Order Processing Team. This to ensure the successful delivery of a professional, effective and commercially astute services to the business.
- With the Sales team, Service team, Recurring billing team, Credit Control and members of the management team, to ensure that company policy and good practice are consistently followed across the business.
- With personnel of all levels across the business, to provide effective and appropriate procurement.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good general education, with a minimum of GCSE grade B in Maths and English Language
- Specific Purchasing qualification an advantage
- Experience of dealing with Sales Orders.
Your skills & knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with key stakeholders
- Able to adapt to and embrace change
- Accurate and timely
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve the Purchasing function / service
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change