T00171 - Technical Field Escalation Engineer
Reporting to the Technical Field Team Leader you will be responsible for diagnosing issues remotely and/or repairing hardware/installing software on customer premises and be a point of escalation for technically complex and/or serious outages.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensuring all hardware and software is repaired and functioning to the highest standards and in accordance with company procedures.
• Ensuring that you are up to date with the latest technical developments enable the company to provide the best solutions to its customers.
• This role requires covering a large geographical area.
• Provide technical assistance to other engineers across the group as and when required.
• As an escalation engineer be available outside of normal working hours to handle complex or serious outages.
• When required assist with installation work as a defined secondary function.
Collaboration and Relationships:
• Work closely with Technical Field Team Leader and Field Co-ordinators to ensure our customers are kept informed and receive the best possible level of service.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• There are no required qualifications however preference will be given to candidates with Microsoft or other vendor certification.
• A commitment to gain Microsoft accreditation as part of a training and development plan.
Your skills & knowledge
• Extensive experience of Microsoft Server & Desktop operating systems
• Extensive HP Server & Workstation Maintenance experience
• Server disaster recovery experience
• Virtualisation technology (VMware & Hyper-V)
• Switch configuration & diagnostics
• Firewall configuration & diagnostics
• Router configuration & diagnostics
• Microsoft Exchange
• TCP/IP Networking, Wide Area Networking & Routing
• Cisco technologies
• Symantec backup software
• Mitel hardware
• Enterprise anti-virus software e.g. Sophos
• You are a member of a team of people, the success of which partly depends upon professional interaction with each other. The Technical Field Escalations Engineer has a responsibility to play his/her part in this and to demonstrate courteous consideration for all other team members at all times and ensure their staff also take this responsibility seriously.