T00182 0365 Productivity Consultant
This is a customer facing role in our highly performing SharePoint team to cover all aspects of: requirements gathering, solution design, installation and implementation of Microsoft Office 365 Productivity applications, SharePoint and associated technologies. Our deployments include: single Server Foundation Farms, highly available Enterprise Servers and a lot of cloud and Office 365 work. The selected candidate must be able to work on projects individually or as part of a team of consultants.
This job description is not fully comprehensive of all duties and responsibilities, therefore, there may be an expectation from the business for an employee to perform additional duties or responsibilities not listed in the above. This also may mean the business can amend the job description from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To attend business analysis meetings with customers to scope, gather requirements and design solutions.
- To implement solutions for Office 365 / SharePoint Online including other Office 365 products such as MS Teams, Planner etc.
- To carry out the installation and configuration of Microsoft SharePoint products on hosted or customers’ servers and workstation computers
- To upgrade, install and implement MS SharePoint across versions and editions
- To prepare and present classroom and onsite training to new and existing customers for Microsoft SharePoint & additional approved Stack products
- To carry out customisation of Microsoft SharePoint where appropriate to meet customers’ requirements using platform features, SharePoint Designer and middle tier technologies
- To manage and conduct projects in accordance with TSG’s methodology
- UK Wide travel and overnight stays will be required to fulfil the customers’ needs and the role.
- To carry out other implementation, training and support duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Microsoft Certified Solution Associate or Engineer with SharePoint exams an advantage
Your skills & knowledge
- At least 3 years’ experience installing and configuring SharePoint Server and Foundation
- At least 2 years’ experience in building and consulting on Office 365 solutions for customers
- Knowledge and experience in a wide cross set of the platform feature set.
- Understanding of SharePoint’s boundaries, both on-premise and Office 365 versions, and how these affect solution design.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and integrating into SharePoint
- Knowledge of customising SharePoint using client side scripting such as JSOM and REST desirable
- Knowledge of building SharePoint solutions using SPFx, Angular 1x and later versions desirable.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience in similar role
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve the Service function
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change
- Team player but able to work on their own
- Ability to effectively train customers taking into account their existing skill levels
- Excellent customer facing skills, ability to think on your feet and apply technology to business functions in a consultative manner
- Self-starter and ability to use own initiative
- Prepared to travel