T00188 BI Developer
This is a customer facing role for a skilled Business Intelligence Developer at an exciting time in our growth. You’ll be an expert in delivering true insight into varied and sometimes complex datasets using a range of tools, primarily Qlik Sense and Power BI. You will be seasoned in analysing data to deliver business improvement and efficiency to a wide range of customers in different industries, with a focus on extracting core data, rationalising it and presenting it in rich visualisations which paint a clear picture of the data being sourced. The selected candidate must be able to work on projects individually or as part of a cross functional team.
This job description is not fully comprehensive of all duties and responsibilities, therefore, there may be an expectation from the business for an employee to perform additional duties or responsibilities not listed in the above. This also may mean the business can amend the job description from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will provide prompt assistance and advice, working to service level agreements, to efficiently resolve customer BI enquiries.
- As you develop your skills, you will be tasked with both internal and external project work for both Qlik Sense and Power BI, building experience and skills with each project.
- Ultimately, with guidance and training you will be capable of delivering end to end projects from initial requirements gathering through to end user training.
- UK Wide travel and overnight stays will be required to fulfil the customers’ needs and the role.
- To carry out other implementation, training and support duties of Business Intelligence related products and technologies as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Microsoft of Qlik certifications are an advantage
Your skills & knowledge
- Sound knowledge of SQL Server querying and administration is required
- Strong data modelling skills – this includes both 3NF and dimensional modelling techniques.
- A solid understanding of database concepts, with a strong understanding of integrating complex data sets.
- Solid knowledge of Qlik View/Qlik Sense ETL process is an advantage.
- Previous exposure to querying data through REST API technology and oData structures is an advantage.
- Power BI knowledge an advantage.
- SQ: Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services skills are advantageous.
- A real focus on insight and rationalising data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of Qlik Sense / View load scripts, ETL methods, user interface design and server administration.
- Experience of understanding user requirements and using best practice DAR methodology to create compelling visualisation.
- Experience of extracting data from multiple data sources.
- Experience of Power BI is an advantage.
- Experience of gathering customer data requirements (dimensions, measures and KPI’s) is an advantage.
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change
- Team player but able to work on their own
Strong attention to detail with a willingness to challenge existing data assumptions.
- A keenness to be constantly learning and keeping pace with the latest technologies and ETL methods.
- Fast learner with strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Self-starter and ability to use own initiative
- Prepared to travel