T00275 Head of Support Services
You will take our support services from good to great. We require a differentiator experience which creates promotor customers to make us stand out from a crowded MSP marketplace. You will be given an executive mandate to drive the changes you see fit to make it happen.
Duties and Responsibilities
• You will have overall responsibility for the customers’ desk support experience.
• You will work with senior business stakeholders to design, develop and continually improve a support experience that exceeds our customer's expectations
• You will monitor and own the support function's objectives and key results. These include NPS, SLA, call wait and budgetary performance results
• You will help define and implement our approach to talent acquisition, ensuring ever improving talent density within the organisation. This will include establishing the primacy of hiring first and foremost on "values and behaviours" and creating a selection process that recruits only "A players" or future "A players"
• You will be responsible for overseeing our performance management and rewards mechanisms, ensuring that we are quick to celebrate and reward our best and brightest.
• You will work with team leaders and our internal training team to equip our colleagues with first rate values, behaviours and the technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
• You will also be expected to carry out any reasonable duties which may be requested from time-to-time
Collaboration and relationships:
• Work with everyone across TSG in a positive and challenging way to ensure our customers are at the centre of everything we do. Work directly with whomever to get the job done at all levels externally and internally.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours and Experience
• This role requires a strong track record which will outweigh formal qualifications and theory.
• ITIL practitioner desired but can be trained in role.
• LEAN/Six Sigma Yellow Belt or above desirable
• Change Management and Leadership qualifications desired with examples of applications with outcomes.
Your skills & knowledge:
• You will be able to demonstrate an ability to attract, motivate, develop and retain a team of outstanding colleagues. Crucially, you must also be able to demonstrate an ability to develop this skill in those around you. Because all other success will derive from this responsibility, you should be able to demonstrate a clear track record of building winning teams.
• You will be comfortable setting and hitting audacious goals for both yourself and your team. You will understand the importance ensuring TSG's vision, mission and strategy are communicated, understood and delivered upon by everyone.
• You will understand the importance of building a culture that blends unusually high levels of freedom with high levels of accountability. We do not value micromanagement nor those who need to be micromanaged. You should be comfortable operating in an environment of devolved responsibility and decentralised command. We value colleagues that trust and count on one another to deliver.
• You will lead by example, setting the bar for personal values and behaviours and by demonstrating an unwavering commitment to TSG's vision, strategy and values.
• You will find creative ways to raise the bar not only for your own team, but every team you work with to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
• You will enjoy finding creative ways to promote, celebrate and reward our top performers. You should be quick to identify and celebrate achievements within our teams.
• You should be equally quick to identify and challenge poor attitudes or behaviours wherever you find them. You will not tolerate behaviours that are harmful to our customer's experience or that of our colleagues.
• You will be able to demonstrate, with examples, a strong bias to action and an ability to deliver ambitious results in a complex and constantly changing environment
• You will ideally have a strong technical IT background, either in hardware or software delivery.
A strong track record as a robust and resilient leader who can:-
• Inspire their teams
• bring about lasting change
• exceed customer and stakeholder expectations
• find elegant, dynamic and lean solutions built on trust and simplicity.
• A perfectionist for whom Quality is built into every service design, decision and interaction
• A practitioner of extreme Ownership, leading from the front
• Someone who is Passionate about customer experience through action not just words
• A gifted leader who will bring others with them on the journey.