T00279 Service Desk Team Leader
To ensure the Service Desk Agents and Service Desk Consultants are managed effectively and to provide a high standard of service to our customers by managing the team’s workload performance and development. This job description is not fully comprehensive of all duties and responsibilities, therefore there may be an expectation from the business for an employee to perform additional duties or responsibilities not listed in the job description. This also may mean the business can amend the job description periodically.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To manage the Service Desk Agent and Service Desk Consultant teams, to ensure Incidents and requests are handled efficiently and to liaise with the Service Desk Manager on complaints and escalations as required.
▪ To ensure staff are working at optimum productivity levels, are set OKRs and KPIs that drive performance and that they are delivering the best customer experience possible
▪ To monitor ticket volumes and response times to ensure that Service Level Agreements are being met and to take timely action if they are not.
▪ To provide an escalation point for problematic support issues, and to manage the solution to its conclusion, involving other teams and 3rd party companies as necessary.
▪ To ensure TSG Voice of the Customer data is reviewed and any feedback from the customer is actioned to ensure a great customer experience
▪ To identify and address recurring customer support issues and problem areas
▪ To ensure that the support function operates within standard TSG systems and that TSG operating procedures are adhered to.
▪ To assist the Service Desk Manager with customer complaints; incident investigations and reports and customer visits.
▪ To support the Problem Management process as required.
▪ To ensure that support work carried out outside of contractual obligations is captured and appropriately charged
▪ To facilitate the internal change management process.
▪ To ensure the consistent use of TSG internal systems e.g. Datto RMM and Autotask.
▪ To coach, mentor and develop team members to maximise their potential.
▪ To focus on the quality and consistency of the service provided across the team.
COLLABORATION AND RELATIONSHIPS
▪ With the 1st , 2nd Line and 3rd Line Team Leader team across both sites to assist in the day to day running of the Service Desk and to work as a team to deliver exceptional service and build a great one team ethic throughout the whole team.
▪ With the Service Desk 3rd Line Team Leader to escalate Incidents as appropriate.
▪ With the Service Desk Manager to assist in a variety of customer and team related tasks as required.
▪ With all other internal TSG departments to assist with customer queries and complaints and act as a point of escalation.
▪ To encourage regular communication between your team and your peers and to build a culture of teamwork over individuality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS
▪ Degree or similar is desirable
▪ Microsoft technical qualifications are desirable.
Your skills & knowledge:
▪ Excellent organisational skills.
▪ Robust people management and influencing skills.
▪ Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales.
▪ Innovation in finding solutions and resilience in overcoming setbacks.
▪ Excellent telephone manner.
▪ Excellent communication skills
▪ Good logical troubleshooting skills.
▪ Excellent customer facing skills.
▪ Effective Influencing skills at all levels.
▪ Excellent attention to detail.
▪ Experience in complaint resolution.
▪ Experience in customer services environment with a good appreciation of what makes a great support experience for the customer.
▪ Previous management experience an advantage
▪ Minimum 3 years in a helpdesk environment an advantage
▪ Minimum 3 years Microsoft server/desktop experience desirable
▪ Managing teams including conducting appraisals, disciplinary meetings, managing attendance, planning resourcing, team communications, meeting and recruitment activities.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude daily with your team
• Demonstrate a willingness to help your colleagues and customers
• Demonstrate high levels of professionalism
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies