T00349 - Content Marketer - Newcastle upon Tyne
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got experience in a marketing role with a particular focus on content editing?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. We have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family. As a business we also love having social events wherever possible – this has included plenty of virtual ones during the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition we love giving back to the community, this year TSG has been continuing to raise money for our newly chosen charity Mental Health UK, so far we have raised over £7000 across the business during 2020 completing a variety of challenges. These challenges included a walkathon which seen 100 TSG colleagues walk the equivalent distance from the organisations Team Valley office to Microsoft's Seattle HQ - a huge 9.6 million steps!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
As a content marketer this role has a primary focus on creation of content to support communications within the business ensuring complete alignment of messaging within marketing campaigns (Digital and Traditional). You will take specific responsibility for creation of content and its distribution including regular reporting on agreed key metrics. You will work across the full range of media channels targeting messages based upon relevant data and personas, so the ability to create compelling original copy is paramount in this position. You will be contributing to the website, Social Media campaigns, case studies, whitepapers and thought leadership content; critical for engagement both internally and externally.
You will have the ability to create and convert complex technical copy into plain English with the goal of developing the interest of new prospects and existing customers, developing leads and creating opportunities through compelling editorial and content.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Creating content for communication via our website, email, social media channels, and blog posts that draw an audience through compelling writing and character
- Consistently provide value add to our marketing strategy by building our brand, demonstrating expertise, and highlighting innovations initiated by our talented people
- Proofing of content across all channels and mediums
- Work with colleagues across TSG to stay abreast of new developments and reflect these through campaigns and content
- Work to raise the profile of TSG with articles placed in relevant publications
- Capture inbound enquiries, registering on CRM and reallocating to relevant colleagues.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience;
- Educated to degree level / English Language or PR would be preferable
- Experience in developing and managing campaigns
- Experience of driving engagement via social media channels both internally and externally
- Experience and a sound understanding of the blogging world
- Minimum 3 years in a marketing role with responsibility for content creation and writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent proof-reading skills and grasp of English language
- Sound knowledge of the IT Industry / SME marketplace is desirable#
- Knowledge of MS Presentation and analytics / reporting tools
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities where TSG can build on return
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company and will go the extra mile when required
- Must be able to work autonomously
What’s in it for you?
- Up to 27.5k basic salary depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexible home-based opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Flexible working day policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.