T00351 - Senior Project Manager - Home Based
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got experience working as a Senior Project Manager with a good knowledge of the Microsoft product stack?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. We have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family. As a business we also love having social events wherever possible – this has included plenty of virtual ones during the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition we love giving back to the community, this year TSG has been continuing to raise money for our newly chosen charity Mental Health UK, so far we have raised over £7000 across the business during 2020 completing a variety of challenges. These challenges included a walkathon which seen 100 TSG colleagues walk the equivalent distance from the organisations Team Valley office to Microsoft's Seattle HQ - a huge 9.6 million steps!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
As a Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for leading and delivering multiple IT projects of various size, complexity and risk. You will be responsible for the planning and effective delivery of projects using TSG’s product management methodology, ensuring that internal & external customer communication is maintained at all times. You will effectively monitor and manage all delivery aspects of a project’s implementation to ensure that the projects are completed to the required standard of excellence and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
Within this role you will provide escalation cover for the Microsoft Programme Manager in their absence and, in addition, the senior project manager will act as a mentor for other project managers and those consultants who on occasion perform project management duties. You will be a skilled and experienced practitioner, able to confidently apply and tailor Waterfall / Agile techniques where appropriate. To be successful in this role you must have a demonstrable track record of delivering technology driven business transformation projects from a Supplier or End User perspective.
This position can be based working remotely, however you must be based in the UK and be able to travel as required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Ensure all relevant pre-project TSG Processes have been complied with ahead of project acceptance
- Organise and conduct pre project meetings
- Adhere to and promote TSG’s Methodology such as ensuring a full an accurate scope is signed by customer before commencing a project, producing detailed project plans with clear responsibilities on both sides and clearly defined requirements of work that is both in and out of scope. Review and manage change control, produce highlight reports and ensure that all ‘closed’ projects have a relevant ‘signed’ project sign-off document
- Work with the Microsoft Practice Delivery Team leads to plan resource requirements to deliver the project within specified timeframes
- Manage the day to day elements of the project to ensuring deadlines are met and consultant utilisation is maximized by minimising non chargeable days
- Documentation of key changes to a project using standard TSG documents such as change requests, project exceptions and risk registers
- Accurately record project info in CRM (Notes, Next action dates, Estimated Completion dates etc).
- Manage and maintain accurate resource forecasts as project demands evolve
- Maintain regular communication involving all stakeholders within the project including weekly project reviews, project highlight reports, and project board meetings
- Coordinate handover to support team following completion of the project
- Responsibility for overall financial return of the project which includes ensuring that customer payment plans are kept up to date
- Liaise/maintain communication lines with the account manager and/or Customer Success Manager where appropriate. (E.g. upselling/project progress)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience;
- Proven project management experience essential - Confident in use of Waterfall / Agile techniques and tailoring where appropriate
- Proven Tech and/or Apps experience essential
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, you must be a good influencer able to deal with challenging situations if required
- A strong people manager and team player who leads by example
- Display a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process
- Strong IT product knowledge, including Microsoft product stack, D365, Productivity (SharePoint / Teams) M365, ERP (Business Central. NAV)
- Adaptability – able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Resilience – Able to prioritise, set goals and manage conflicting demands on time
- Highly motivated – Sets and achieves challenging goals; measures self against standard of excellence
- Ability to produce and evaluate reports and statistics
- Must have a valid UK driver’s license
- Project management qualifications are an advantage, however not essential where experience can be demonstrated
- IT Qualifications are also an advantage, however not essential where experience of delivery can be demonstrated
What’s in it for you?
- Up to 50k basic salary depending on experience
- Car Allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexible home-based opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Flexible working day policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.