T00363 - Head of Finance - Newcastle upon Tyne
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got previous experience working as a Head of Finance?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. We have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family. As a business we also love having social events wherever possible – this has included plenty of virtual ones during the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition we love giving back to the community, this year TSG has been continuing to raise money for our newly chosen charity Mental Health UK, so far we have raised over £10,000 across the business during 2020 completing a variety of challenges. These challenges included a walkathon which seen 100 TSG colleagues walk the equivalent distance from the organisations Team Valley office to Microsoft's Seattle HQ - a huge 9.6 million steps!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the Head of Finance will ensure that adequate financial controls exist to protect the company’s assets and to mitigate financial risk. You will have accountability for providing all sources of financial management reporting for the Company, ensuring that reports are accurate, effective and delivered to agreed timetables. You will also ensure that underlying data sets are appropriately managed and controlled, whilst leading a team providing them with all the tools and training required to be successful in their roles.
This role can be based working from home however, you must be based close to Newcastle upon Tyne as regular travel to the office will be required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
Reporting, Budgeting, Forecasting and Business Intelligence:
- Provide the business with ‘live’, Weekly & Monthly MI, as well as adhoc reporting
- Produce annual statutory accounts which comply with all relevant regulations, liaising with TSG’s external auditors
- Prepare annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts, as well as weekly & monthly cash flow forecasts
- Manage taxation reporting and all direct/indirect taxation matters, liaising with TSG’s external advisors and HMRC where appropriate
- Review all Balance Sheet reconciliations, along with specific key reconciliations around Billing Platforms, Deferred Income and Work In Progress (AROC)
- Utilise appropriate BI tools (Qlik) and data mining techniques, combining with financial information, to provide the business with data and trends on all aspects of performance, including agreed functional KPIs and performance dashboards
- Ensure financial systems meet the reporting requirements of the business, specifically around product profitability
- Review the weekly & quarterly cashflow forecast, highlighting potential issues against available funds/facilities
- Formulate and implement treasury management procedures to ensure that any excess funds are utilised and any applicable financial covenants are monitored and managed
- Work with external funders where appropriate, providing any required financial information in line with agreed timetables
- Ensure the accurate and efficient processing of supplier invoices to a defined and visible timetable and set of KPIs
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure all supplier liabilities are accurately recorded and to protect TSG from fraud
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of employee expense claims
Commercial, Credit & Billing:
- Act as a point of escalation for requests for non-standard payment or invoicing terms
- Support the Credit & Billing Manager to ensure timely, accurate, complete and professional invoicing of all goods, services and support/subscription billings
Contracts & Licencing:
- Act as a point of escalation for requests for non-standard or amended contractual terms
- Support the Credit & Billing Manager to ensure that CRM contains a complete and accurate view of all “recurring” income streams
Financial Controls, Compliance and Systems:
- Drive continuing development to enhance MI reporting and automation of key tasks through better use of business systems, integrating with other systems where possible
- Ensure that core systems (NAV, CRM, aBILLity) are configured and developed in such a way as to maximise efficiency across all transactional teams
- Ensure appropriate controls for all spend categories, including Capex
- Identify potential accounting issues, researching options and liaising with external advisors in order to provide the board with guidance on the most appropriate policies
- Implementing suitable financial controls/processes to ensure reported figures are free from material misstatement
- Act as backup for payroll sign off (to the CFO) as well as supplier and payroll payments
Knowledge, Skills & Experience;
- ACA/ACCA or similar
- At least 5 years’ post qualified
- Experience of managing audit processes, delivering group accounts and of implementing new systems. Specific experience of integrating systems and control measures would be beneficial.
- Strong technical accounting background
- Ability to interact and influence board members and the senior management team
- Strong understanding of the business model, and specific accounting considerations in the IT sector
- Excellent team management and organisational skills
- Able to adapt, embrace and lead change
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve
- Shows commitment to the role, team and company, going the extra mile when required
What’s in it for you?
- Up to 50k basic salary depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexible home-based opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Flexible working day policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.