T00366 - NAV / BC Developer - Home Based
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got previous experience working as a NAV / BC Developer?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. We have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family. As a business we also love having social events wherever possible – this has included plenty of virtual ones during the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition we love giving back to the community, this year TSG has been continuing to raise money for our newly chosen charity Mental Health UK, so far we have raised over £10,000 across the business during 2020 completing a variety of challenges. These challenges included a walkathon which seen 100 TSG colleagues walk the equivalent distance from the organisations Team Valley office to Microsoft's Seattle HQ - a huge 9.6 million steps!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
As a NAV / BC Developer you will be expected to develop and maintain bespoke solutions for Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV) / Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (BC) software in accordance with customer requirements. This includes providing specialist support for customers bespoke applications, collaborating with Consultants and Developers within the both the NAV/BC Team and other TSG practices as necessary. Although this role will be based working from home, the position may involve some customer facing work on site to install and configure the software, liaise on proactive visits and attend meetings as required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Work with NAV / BC Consultants and Developers to discuss existing systems and how to convert to NAV / BC products following receipt of order
- Investigate appropriate solutions to customer requirements and prepare detailed specifications for review by consultants and customers
- Provide estimates of development activities for project quotations and change requests
- Produce software source code to specifications, adhering to coding standards
- Perform programmer testing and prepare test environments for independent testing, briefing testers as required
- Occasionally visit customer sites to perform bespoke software installations, providing support and training where necessary
- Create custom reports to customer specification
- Document and investigate customers’ queries, responding in a timely manner with appropriate solutions
- Ensure full understanding of project requirements, deadlines, and priorities via liaison with project team members and use of project schedules
- Coordinate own workload to ensure that deadlines are met, providing frequent progress updates to the project team and the customer as necessary
- Create project documents where required
- Upgrade and Install NAV/Business Central
Knowledge, Skills & Experience;
- Experience of developing and supporting bespoke solutions for NAV and BC
- Experience in developing application using C#.NET
- Hands-on Extensions 2.0 development
- Experience Developing extensions for On-prem vs Saas
- Broad understanding of ERP functions
- Overview of AL development language (and differences from C/AL)
- Aptitude for writing technical and customer-facing documentation
- Good customer-facing and interpersonal skills
- Very good time management skills and a high attention to detail
- Team player with an ability to use own initiative
- Ability to provide training to consultants on developed solutions
- Good team player with a passion for learning, keen to secure new certificates where required
- Experience in using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with remote access software and associated technologies
- Experience in developing application using VB.NET
- Experience with Web services Integration using SOAP and or JSON APIs
- Experience using Visual Studio Code with Git Source Control and Azure Dev Ops
- Experience of data handling when an extension is installed
- Development with Extensions 2.0 toolkit
- Web services, working with files (Text, XML, JSON)
- Enabling .NET Assemblies in the cloud using Azure functions
- Best practices for building modern user experience in Dynamics NAV/BC
- Basic Accounting Knowledge
- Ability to effectively train key technical users
What’s in it for you?
- Up to 55k basic salary depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%
- Perkbox discounts
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexible home-based opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Flexible working day policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.