T00368 - Director of Platforms & Change - Newcastle upon Tyne (Home Based)
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got previous experience working in a Senior level role driving system integration across multiple business areas?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. We have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family. As a business we also love having social events wherever possible – this has included plenty of virtual ones during the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition, we love giving back to the community. Over the last year TSG has been continuing to raise money for our chosen charity Mental Health UK, during 2020 alone we raised over £10,000 across the business completing a variety of challenges. These challenges included a walkathon which seen 100 TSG colleagues walk the equivalent distance from the organisations Team Valley office to Microsoft's Seattle HQ - a huge 9.6 million steps!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
As the Director of Platforms & Change you will have in depth experience in leading Technical Transformation Projects. This is a Senior level role where you will have accountability for improving TSG’s internal platforms, integrating multiple systems across multiple departments ensuring they work seamlessly together, improving overall efficiency and delivery for both our employees and our customers. You will be a highly process driven person, with an innovative mindset, who has a strong ability to take our people on a journey of transformation with you.
As well as focussing on continuous improvement, this is also a leadership role, therefore you will have several direct reports within our line management team. You will be accountable for ensuring that all personnel within your remit are equipped with the right tools, training and experience to fulfil their role responsibilities.
This position is on a working from home basis; however, you must be located within a reasonable commutable distance to Newcastle upon Tyne as regular travel to the office on Team Valley will be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will gain a broad view across platforms, entities within those platforms and how they interact to make recommendations for change to ensure the best possible journey for both customers and employees. Core systems consideration will include Sales & Marketing, Logistics and Finance amongst others
- IT (infrastructure, security) and Applications Platform (Dynamics, BI, PSA) road mapping, ensuring systems meet operational needs
- Where possible, integrate key platforms to ensure accuracy and efficient flow of information internally, but critically incorporating vendors platforms where possible, ensuring customer fulfilment from delivery to billing is accurate and timely
- Ensure both internal and supplier portals are secure and appropriate governance is in place
- Ensuring a robust product on-boarding programme from both a data and platform journey perspective
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate data architecture is in place across all platforms to facilitate the extraction, transformation and utilisation of data from TSG’s core systems via specialist technical skills. This will provide technical solutions to support the business and is actively involved in strategic projects to implement new data fields and sources and transform business requirements into necessary technical requirements
- Ensure the smooth running of our reporting suite and the ongoing development and management of our data infrastructure
- You will ensure that appropriate supplier contracts are in place, maintained, and costs are managed. Continuous supplier engagement and commercial negotiation as required to drive high value returns and enable the business to benefit from new platform developments
- Ensuring that all managers/team leaders in your remit have complete and up to date appraisals, job descriptions and personal development plans in place for them and their personnel
- Responsibility for ensuring companywide GDPR compliance, including audit and testing of measures in place
- Responsibility for implementing ISO27001 across the business, working with key stakeholders and 3rd parties where necessary to ensure accreditation is achieved and maintained
- Driving robust business continuity plans, addressing any weaknesses if identified, and ensuring measures and plans are tested and fit for purpose
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Behaviours
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience / relevant Vocational qualifications
- Qualification within Management & Coaching
- Strong technical platform and process management/redesign background
- Ability to interact and influence board members and the senior management team
- Strong understanding of the business model, and specific accounting considerations in the IT sector
- Excellent team management and organisational skills
- Able to adapt to, embrace and lead change
- Experience implementing complex transformative IT projects
- Experience in systems integration, both internally and external (vendor) platforms
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrates creativity and reacts positively to new challenges and change
What’s in it for you?
- 60k to 80k basic salary depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%
- Perkbox discounts
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexible home-based opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Flexible working day policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.