T00369 - Service Desk Agent - Glasgow or Newcastle upon Tyne
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got previous experience working in a 1st Line Service Desk environment?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. We have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family. As a business we also love having social events wherever possible – this has included plenty of virtual ones during the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition we love giving back to the community, over the last year TSG has been continuing to raise money for our chosen charity Mental Health UK, during 2020 alone we raised over £10,000 across the business completing a variety of challenges. These challenges included a walkathon which seen 100 TSG colleagues walk the equivalent distance from the organisations Team Valley office to Microsoft's Seattle HQ - a huge 9.6 million steps!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
As a Service Desk Agent you will be the first point of contact for TSG customers in relation to technical faults and requests. You will be expected to log, categorise, and prioritise customer tickets as necessary, seeing them through to resolution wherever possible. Where you are unable to resolve a ticket yourself, you will escalate this to the relevant team. You will be a strong team player who enjoys delivering an exceptional service to our customers. You will also have strong communication skills and good attention to detail, ensuring that all information entered into the system is accurate and handled in line with company procedures.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Log, categorise and prioritise customer tickets in line with documented required standards
- Conduct initial diagnosis of faults and attempt documented fixes appropriate to the role
- Where fixes are not available, escalate tickets to appropriate resolver group
- Ensure accurate input of data for customer contact information
- Update customers on cases as advised by other support teams
- Ensure all calls are answered according to the Service Level Agreements
- Manage resolved queues to ensure calls are closed as appropriate
- Manage 3rd party queues to ensure customers receive regular updates on tickets being dealt with by our providers
Knowledge, Skills & Experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commercial awareness
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritise
- Good problem solving skills
- IT qualifications would be an advantage
- Proven experience in a support or service delivery environment is an advantage
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve the Service Desk Agent function
- Demonstrate commitment to the role, team and company and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrate initiative and reacts positively to new challenges and change
What’s in it for you?
- Up to 20k basic salary depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Perkbox discounts
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexible home-based opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Flexible working day policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.