T00380 - Head of Marketing - Home Based (Newcastle upon Tyne)
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got previous experience in a Senior Marketing role, leading a team with a strong commercial focus?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. We have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family. As a business we also love having social events wherever possible – this has included plenty of virtual ones during the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition, we love giving back to the community. Over the last year TSG has been continuing to raise money for our chosen charity Mental Health UK, during 2020 alone we raised over £10,000 across the business completing a variety of challenges. These challenges included a walkathon which seen 100 TSG colleagues walk the equivalent distance from the organisations Team Valley office to Microsoft's Seattle HQ - a huge 9.6 million steps!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Head of Marketing will lead, develop and motivate a team of highly skilled marketers who are focused primarily on the generation of new business leads. You will have the experience and knowledge to refine and deliver the strategy required to identify new prospects and turn them in to sales qualified leads. Working closely with the sales teams and other key stakeholders across TSG you will create, manage, and review plans to deliver on key marketing objectives. You will have a proven track record in continuous measurement of marketing activity through KPI’s and conducting analysis of competitive environment and customer needs. You will interpret internal and external data to help direct the activities of the team and ultimately the business.
This is a home based position and we would prefer the successful candidate to be within close travelling distance of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and coach the marketing team in their roles and support their development both personally and as a team
- Responsible for the generation and delivery of right size, right shape leads from chosen market verticals
- Own, monitor, review and communicate the TSG marketing strategy
- Be a champion, evangelist and marketing engine lead to drive prospect and opportunity pipeline growth in chosen market verticals
- Develop, quantify and qualify market insights and define major market success themes in support of overall business goals
- Partner with key stakeholders to shape the services and solutions to fit market needs and buyer insights
- Ensure TSG is viewed as thought leader in our chosen verticals and help evangelize the value of our solutions
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Behaviours
- Marketing or Business Degree is essential
- Strong experience in a leadership marketing role with a primary and measurable focus on commercial / sales
- Proven track record on delivering increased sales through marketing management
- Proven track record of crafting value propositions, messaging and positioning
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to understand and work with the 7P’s Marketing Mix (Price, People, Product, Place, Promotion, Process, Physical Evidence)
- A background in Technology would be beneficial
What’s in it for you?
- Up to 60k basic salary depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%
- Perkbox discounts
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexible home-based opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Flexible working day policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.