T00381 - Warehousing Assistant - Team Valley (3 Months Fixed Term Contract)
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Are you immediately available with the ability to carry out a physically active role?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. We have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family. As a business we also love having social events wherever possible – this has included plenty of virtual ones during the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition, we love giving back to the community. Over the last year TSG has been continuing to raise money for our chosen charity Mental Health UK, during 2020 alone we raised over £10,000 across the business completing a variety of challenges. These challenges included a walkathon which seen 100 TSG colleagues walk the equivalent distance from the organisations Team Valley office to Microsoft's Seattle HQ - a huge 9.6 million steps!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
Reporting to the Logistics Team Leader, the Warehousing Assistant will support the Logistics & Warehousing Team to ensure the safe storage and transport of company stock and other assets. This role is available on a 3 month fixed term contract working full time hours based within our Team Valley office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Goods in / out – packing orders and moving shipments
- Stock replenishment, specifically relating to support stock
- Warehouse maintenance and stock management (inc storage, security and verification)
- Liaising with carriers to ensure required levels of service are maintained
- Liaise with Service & Support teams and external carriers to ensure we transport the required stock to the desired location in a secure, timely and efficient manner
- Adherence to Health & Safety
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Behaviours
- Previous experience in a stock management role would be desirable, but not essential
- Good communication skills, with the ability to liaise internally and externally
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) would be desirable, but not essential
- Good organisational skills
- Good time management skills
- Flexible approach
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.