T00383 - SPFX / React Developer - Home Based
Would you like to work for an award-winning company?
Have you got previous experience as a Front-end Developer within SharePoint SPFx and React?
Are you a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional service?
If the answer is YES then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider covering the whole of the UK. Here at TSG our people have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. We believe in giving our people the tools, training and support they require to excel in their roles with autonomy to make decisions where needed. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
At TSG we look after our people. We have recently won three awards in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2020, including a 1 star accreditation for employee engagement. At TSG we have a realistic approach and we care about the health and wellbeing of our TSG family. As a business we also love having social events wherever possible – this has included plenty of virtual ones during the recent Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition, we love giving back to the community. Over the last year TSG has been continuing to raise money for our chosen charity Mental Health UK, during 2020 alone we raised over £10,000 across the business completing a variety of challenges. These challenges included a walkathon which seen 100 TSG colleagues walk the equivalent distance from the organisations Team Valley office to Microsoft's Seattle HQ - a huge 9.6 million steps!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities;
This SPFX / React Developer is a brand-new role within TSG focussing on the development of Front-end solutions for the delivery of numerous Enterprise Applications. Your role is to play an active part in the creation of high-quality software products to meet customer and commercial needs, in accordance with defined standards, best practice and agreed deadlines. You will also be involved with developing SharePoint SPFx components.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Updating and developing the user facing Portal for a multi tenancy enterprise solution
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- To manage and conduct projects in accordance with TSG’s methodology
- UK Wide travel and overnight stays will be required to fulfil the customers’ needs and the role
- To carry out other implementation, training and support duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Behaviours
- At least 2 years’ experience in using React
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux and hooks)
- Experience of SharePoint Online Development, including SPFx
- Understanding of SharePoint’s boundaries, both on-premise and Office 365 versions, and how these affect solution design.
- Knowledge and experience in a wide cross set of the platform feature set.
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Experience of integrating API's and libraries
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of isomorphic React would be beneficial
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve the Service function
- Demonstrates commitment to the role, the team and company, and will go the extra mile when required
- You will be a team player but able to work on your own initiative also
- Ability to effectively train and mentor colleagues if required
- Strong communication skills with the ability to think on your feet and apply technology to business functions in a consultative manner
What’s in it for you?
- Salary is flexible depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with employer contribution of 4%
- Perkbox discounts
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexible home-based opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Flexible working day policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building events
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support, including recognised qualifications
If this sound like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.