T0054 Junior Purchase Ledger Clerk
To work within a centralised head office purchase ledger team assisting in the management of suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain ledger of approx 150 suppliers, £500k outstanding balances. Seeking approval and processing approximately 1000 invoices per month.
• Identify and resolve queries using standard methods.
• Chase suppliers for credits owed
• Ensure all queries are resolved on a timely basis
• Adherence to the Finance timetable to enable successful implementation of Finance calendar.
• Assist in the successful implementation of supplier statement reconciliations
• Review and maintain the purchase ledger mail box
• Printing and distribution of invoices to appropriate Purchase Ledger Clerks
• Other ad-hoc duties
Collaboration and Relationship
• Work with the purchase ledger manager and purchase ledger team to ensure the successful processing of supplier invoices
• Work with internal departments to ensure that all supplier invoices are approved and queries are resolved
• Work with suppliers to ensure a good working relationship
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• GCSE or equivalent
Your skills & knowledge
• Good understanding of Microsoft applications required
• Good telephone manner and interpersonal skills
• Used to working to and attaining daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
• Able to work on own initiative and manage personal workload.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Experience of working in a busy office environment and dealing with volumes of data would be advantageous
• Ideally experience of working in a busy office environment and dealing with volumes of data.
• Previous experience in a finance function desirable
• Able to work on own initiative and manage personal workload as well as part of a team
• Demonstrate a proactive approach and teamwork skills desirable
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with a proactive approach to problem solving.