T0089 Junior Purchase Ledger Clerk
To work within a centralised head office purchase ledger team assisting in the management of suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain ledger of approx 150 suppliers, £500k outstanding balances. Seeking approval and processing approximately 1000 invoices per month.
- Identify and resolve queries using standard methods.
- Chase suppliers for credits owed
- Ensure all queries are resolved on a timely basis
- Adherence to the Finance timetable to enable successful implementation of Finance calendar.
- Assist in the successful implementation of supplier statement reconciliations
- Review and maintain the purchase ledger mail box
- Printing and distribution of invoices to appropriate Purchase Ledger Clerks
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested by your line manager
Collaboration and Relationship
- Work with the purchase ledger manager and purchase ledger team to ensure the successful processing of supplier invoices
- Work with internal departments to ensure that all supplier invoices are approved and queries are resolved
- Work with suppliers to ensure a good working relationship
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
GCSE or equivalent
Your skills & knowledge
- Good understanding of Microsoft applications required
- Good telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Used to working to and attaining daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative and manage personal workload.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment and dealing with volumes of data would be advantageous
- Ideally experience of working in a busy office environment and dealing with volumes of data.
- Previous experience in a finance function desirable
- Able to work on own initiative and manage personal workload as well as part of a team
- Demonstrate a proactive approach and teamwork skills desirable
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with a proactive approach to problem solving.
Closing Date:Friday, December 1, 2017 - 12:00