T0091 Technical Proactive Consultant London/South
Reporting to the Technical Proactive Team Leader you will be responsible for the smooth delivery of pre-booked Proactive appointments to a variety of customer sites ensuring customer networks are kept in peak performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete pre-defined checks on network infrastructure and collect additional technical audit information as and when required.
- Advise on improvements to the customer’s infrastructure and reliability on-site and help with the strategic planning of their IT.
Collaboration and Relationships:
- Close liaison with the team manager and customer account manager regarding site improvements and issues.
- Excellent people skills and good telephone manner.
- Good Team Player.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Full driving licence required.
Your Skills and Knowledge
- A broad understanding of most common hardware and software platforms is essential with in depth knowledge of MS Windows (Server and Desktop), MS Exchange and backup software.
- Good working knowledge of comms, networking, firewalls and anti-virus software are also essential.
- Product knowledge of Symantec Backup Exec and Sophos Endpoint products would be an advantage.
Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a Windows based networked environment, ideally in a customer facing role.
- Attention to detail is paramount, along with the ability to manage personal workload and work to your own initiative.
- Ability to accurately document findings is essential.
- Great analytical skills with the confident pro-active approach to work.