T0097 Head of Projects
The Head of Projects will be responsible for managing a team of project managers, and will be dedicated to the successful delivery of managed projects throughout TSG.
This job description is not fully comprehensive of all duties and responsibilities, therefore, there may be an expectation from the business for an employee to perform additional duties or responsibilities not listed in the above. This also may mean the business can amend the job description from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible and accountable for the overall management of all Senior Project Managers and Project Managers
• Responsible for the effective management of projects and accountable to project sponsors for the control of project expenditure.
• Responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of major projects either being managed by you directly or by one of your direct reports.
• Responsible and accountable for the timely and relevant reporting of project progress, Success and issues to the Group Applications Director
• Responsible for identifying project dependencies, risks and activities and negotiating resolution to conflict.
• Responsible for ensuring that projects are properly planned, coordinated, communicated and progressed throughout the project lifecycle.
• Maximise revenue throughout projects via change control in conjunction with delivery and commercial teams
• To review and report on project pipeline and management resourcing to the Group Applications Director
• To provide project management resource to directly manage projects across the organisation, delivering within the agreed scope and timescale.
• To be accountable for full time recording of the PMO to meet required KPIs and perform analysis/actions on over/under performers
• To be responsible for the recruitment, supervision, appraisal, induction, development and performance management of SPM’s and PM’s.
• To provide support, advice and assistance to people and/or departments across the organisation managing their own projects.
• Adhere to TSG’s 4 point plan, focussing on “Core Differentiation by Customer Experience”
• Responsible for maintaining TSG’s GURU methodology including all documentation and processes. To perform project audits to validate PM performance against documented standards
• Responsible for the future development and forward planning of the Project Management function within the PMO
• Maintain a quarterly chargeable utilisation percentage for yourself as pre-agreed with the Group Applications Director.
• Regular travel will be required where necessary
Mentoring and Leadership
• You should promote good working practices at all times within your teams which adhere to the TSG one way process documentation.
• Show and encourage TSG’s values “Quality, Ownership and Passion”
• You should encourage regular communication between your team and your peers and build a culture of teamwork over individuality.
• Regular 1 to 1 meetings with SPM’s and PM’s either telephone, Lync or face to face.
• Quarterly team meetings should be held
• Staff appraisals should be carried out annually with a 6 monthly interim appraisal carried out to review the targets and projects outlined in the appraisal.
Collaboration and Relationships
Develop positive relationships with all areas of the business including the commercial team, support, delivery and supporting functions to provide the best customer experience – internally and externally
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Previous and proven leadership ability
• Previous experience of managing a portfolio of projects is essential
• An ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to a wide range of people at all levels including communicating complex technical issues to a non-technical user base (internal and external)
• Advanced Project Management qualifications are essential
• Proven success and experience of team management and staff development
• Working knowledge of mainstream software and hardware
• A strong understanding of financial control and budget management
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, MS Project and CRM systems
You will be required to conduct yourself and team members as per the TSG Values and Behaviours