Sophos Intercept X
IT security in a business is key to protecting sensitive, business-essential documents and defending from financial ransom. Intercept X is a new generation of Ransomware protection that shields your business from any Ransomware attack.
Around 54% of businesses in the UK have been affected by Ransomware, and this figure is only going to increase if businesses have no safeguard in place.
Sophos Intercept X also offers features like Root Cause Analysis, so you can track how an attack was attempted. Intercept X will intelligently learn how to prevent it from happening again in the future, as well as cleanse your entire computer of any dormant malware that may be a threat in the future.
Ransomware has a number of variants; typical encryption types include Cryptolocker.
How can I protect myself from Cryptolocker attacks?
Sophos Intercept X is a subscription-based solution that features CryptoGuard, which prevents the malicious spontaneous encryption of data by all forms of Ransomware - even trusted files or processes that have been hijacked by hackers. If your files are encrypted, CryptoGuard reverts your files back to their safe states.
What does a malicious Ransomware attack look like?
- You receive an email from what seems like a genuine source (a colleague perhaps) with an attachment.
- You unsuspectingly download and open the attachment.
- Cryptolocker Ransomware (for example) then attacks and encrypts all of your vital files (Word documents, spreadsheets etc.) rendering them - and your business - useless.
- You will be demanded to pay a ransom, usually by Bitcoin, and deceived into thinking you will get your files back.
- *Please note* it is unlikely in the extreme that you will be given back access to your files.
Features of Intercept X
- Root Cause Analysis
- Clean up tool
- Blocks zero-day threats
- Exploit prevention
- Integrates into any endpoint system