Cyber Essentials & Cyber Essentials Plus Certification
What is the Cyber Essentials scheme?
Cyber Essentials (CE) and Cyber Essentials Plus (CE+) are UK government-backed, industry-supported cybersecurity certification schemes, designed to help organisations of any size protect themselves from cyber threats. The schemes provide a practical, cost-effective way to protect against the most common cyber threats, helping organisations to demonstrate their commitment to cyber security and gain a competitive advantage.This can include unpatched software and hardware, lack of strong passwords and poor cyber security practices.
What is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials is a basic certification that helps organisations identify and mitigate the most common cyber threats. To achieve Cyber Essentials certification, organisations must complete a self-assessment questionnaire that covers five key areas of cyber security.
What is Cyber Essentials Plus?
Cyber Essentials Plus differs from the basic certification by providing a hands-on technical verification that includes additional testing to verify that an organisation’s systems and processes are compliant with the Cyber Essentials requirements. In addition to the self-assessment questionnaire, organisations must also undergo an external vulnerability scan of their internet-facing systems, and a technical assessment of their internal systems. This is done to validate the self-assessment questionnaire completed.
What are the 5 Cyber Essentials security controls?
Reasons your organisation needs Cyber Essentials
As well as providing the framework to keep your organisation secure, gaining Cyber Essentials offers a host of other assurances:
- Increase your confidence in the security of your IT systems
- Demonstrate your commitment to cyber security to customers and suppliers
- Gain a competitive advantage over organisations that are not certified
- Receive recognition from influential industry bodies and government departments
- Reassure your customers that you are taking cyber security seriously
- Give your staff confidence in the protection of your systems
- Reduce the risk of cyber-attacks, data breaches, and other malicious activities
- Reduce costs associated with remedying cyber-attacks and data breaches
- Receive a certificate of recognition that demonstrates your commitment to cyber security.
Simply put, not having a Cyber Essentials certification is the equivalent of leaving your front door unlocked.
We are one of a few IT providers in the UK that has IASME certified consultants: this means that we’re well equipped to get a company through the certification process first time. .
We help you complete the self-assessment questionnaire so there’s no guess work on your part. We’ll assess your current cybersecurity estate and policies and produce a report outlining where you currently are. We will then set out any remediation work required to gain certification.Learn more about TSG